1. TonyByrd6

TonyByrd6 Member

Making an anthology book

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by TonyByrd6, Nov 20, 2020.

I'm writing an anthology book. It's called Revenge of the Cat Robots. I'm planning more. How do I make one and how many authors can it be?

2. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Will all the stories be about mechanical cats and their thirst for vengeance?

3. TonyByrd6

TonyByrd6 Member

No. Each story will be about robots. Two of the stories has robot cats.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Tony you already asked this question two months ago https://www.writingforums.org/threads/feeling-indecisive-about-a-plot.167104/

You were told at that time to stop asking vague and meaningless questions - which we'd already told you twice on previous threads... if you want answers you need to ask a specific question that the membership can actually help with

Since you seem to be planning to write the whole thing number of authors will be 1, and it won't be an anthology

To write an actual anthology you approach various authors to provide stories - but you don't get to dictate exactly what those stories are.. how many authors is another non specific question the answer is between 2 and infinity

5. TonyByrd6

TonyByrd6 Member

I got others.

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

So how many authors you have will determine how many are in the book

once again we come back to the eternal question that haunts all your threads - of what are you actually asking us?... you need to provide all the information up front, don't make the membership play twenty questions to find out

7. TonyByrd6

TonyByrd6 Member

How do I connect my stories within the book?

8. big soft moose

You still lack specificity

That aside you link stories in an anthology by having a common theme like say scifi stories about robots

9. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

Have to agree with big soft moose, not exactly sure what information you need. Have you published books before or been part of an indie published anthology? If not I think your first step is those two things.

10. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

I think you mean have not has. Maybe think about bringing in an editor on board for your project.

11. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

It's a little confusing because here you're saying you're writing the book, which wouldn't be true if it's actually an anthology. But then you say there are other writers involved. It just sounds like you have to do more research into putting together an anthology. I think you might want to read up on this and also read many anthologies. I think it would just help if you had a grasp on the basics and that's more than forum posts are really going to be able to really teach you Good luck if you're serious about this.