1. Kirvee

Kirvee New Member

Manga-- Pandora Hearts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kirvee, Jun 17, 2009.

I was told it's ok to discuss manga in here.

This topic is for discussion on the manga Pandora Hearts written and drawn by Mochizuki Jun.

Here's a summary for it from Anime News Network:

I really like this manga because of its unique style and the fact that it seems to heavily reference a lot of things from Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" in its plot as well as misc. things in the background. I think that's really cool, I don't know many manga that make so much reference to a book I like.

Does anyone else on this forum like this series?

2. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

I haven't read the manga, but I'm watching the anime. I think the Alice in Wonderland references are really cool (someday I'm going to actually have to read the book) and it makes for an interesting story. The thing I don't like is the mood whiplash. At its heart, it's a horror story, which doesn't work well with slapstick comedy.

3. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I have not read it, but the story seems interesting enough that I'll check out the manga or the anime. Whichever one I feel has better art is the one I shall stick with. :)
    I adore Alice in Wonderland... still own the Disney film and both of Lewis Carroll's novels. :love:

4. Kirvee

Kirvee New Member

@CD: I went and bought the unabridged version to read it when I started this series, XD. It is interesting. I'm not so sure I agree about the mood whiplashes though. I think the comedy moments are there to attempt to balance out the dark moments. Also, the manga doesn't have as many comedic moments as the anime does (not a lot that I can remember, anyway).

@Mercurial: Truthfully, both the manga and the anime have gorgeous art, but the anime has a really beautiful soundtrack to it.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I read the manga and the anime.
    I read the manga before the anime came out.
    What really attracted me to the manga was its art style.
    I really love the outfits and I really love the Alice in Wonderland Reference.
    I like watching the anime only because it gives action to the movement and voices to the characters.
    But I like reading the manga because the anime cuts out certain scenes and you don't get the full story.