Marc's Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Billiam

"Hey Felix! How's it going?" Billiam shouted, sipping down his pepsi. Then he noticed the new girl at the table next to his who was quickly being surrounded. He caught a few snatches of conversation, something about Disney and the little mermaid.

"I met the little mermaid once, over in Dimension 43! Real nice girl... Shame about the turning to foam part..." He shook his head. "Say, Mary was it? What brings you here? You don't quite look like the type to be hanging out in taverns such as this one..."

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

The Bartender's inhuman gazed studied Sir Mortens. The Bartender wordlessly complied and slid Sir Mortens his tea. Dexter glared at The Bartender the guy gave him chills. Then he turned his attention to Mortens. "Jeez place is getting a lot of attention today." He stated lighting another cigarette.

Felix sat at one of the open bar stools. He simply sighed and looked at the wall. Felix felt no need to converse with beings unless they spoke to him first. He wondered how long his Dexter would be knocked out.

3. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Mary

"Say, Mary was it? What brings you here? You don't quite look like the type to be hanging out in taverns such as this one..."
    She gave a light chuckle, her pen bouncing silently between her fingers. "No, I don't usually hang out at any taverns but I was feeling brave today and decided to try it out." She smiled at him. A smile which people often commented on since it was so cheerful. "I didn't catch your name by the way."

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Jaz

Her boots clicked on the pavement as she crossed the darkened street, illuminated by the street lamps. Her hand rested on her jacket pocket, feeling the outline of her pistol. Sounds, otherworldly ones reached her ears. She was close.

Once on the sidewalk she side-stepped past some bums hanging in the alleys, ignoring their calls. Pathetic. Jaz rolled her eyes. Today, being her weak day, she preferred walking over running. She really should have taken the short-cut this time, but no, she had thought it too boring. Chicago was becoming boring, she knew every niche, every hideout in this whole city. Jaz made a mental note to start off for LA in the morning.

As she turned the corner and saw the building come into view, Jaz sighed with relief. It was a quiet night and no reason to lurk in the streets, plus she needed a drink. Badly.

Walking up the steps, the sounds of voices filled her ears. Arrogant voices, sweet voices, deceiving voices, smart voices; all joined as one in Jaz's mind, amplifying louder than she played her music. As if she cared. It actually felt good to hear something other than yells, screams, and curses.

While walking through the door, she stopped herself. On the bulletin board next to the door, a familiar face stared back at her. The innocent face of the past. Jaz ripped the paper off the board, crumbling it and stuffing it into her jacket pocket. She would add the paper to the rest in her collection.

After what had felt like hours, she finally strutted into the Bar. She'd been in this place several times, but not long enough to get noticed by anyone particular. Most of these people were drunken creeps anyway.

Jaz walked past a girl, catching her words about how she didn't usually come to taverns. Honey, you'll never be the same again. She thought. As she brushed past her, the smell of rootbeer wafted to her senses. Jaz looked back at the girl laughing and sipping away at her drink. Telling the truth, huh? Good girl.

Going up to the bar table, she motioned for the Bartender. Dropping her sunglasses to look him in the eye, she said, "Get me the usual."

5. Kingtype

The Bartender examined her for a moment before sliding her the usual drink. The Bartender served to all no matter the creature.

Dexter glared at Jaz. He knew what she was, he couldn't be mistaken. No he knew her kind all to well. She didn't even look like the friendly kind. "A vampire huh? Now this circus is really coming together." He said grinning. Dexter had some history with vampires. It wasn't exactly a pretty one either.

6. JessWrite

Jaz

Flicking out a few bills, she tipped the bartender before scooping up her drink. Her mouth watered, but she pulled herself together, taking only a small sip.

As she looked for an open spot in a dark corner, she walked past a man brave enough to speak. "A vampire huh? Now this circus is really coming together."

She would normally walk on, ignore any kind of conversation. Though, the tone of voice the man had used made her come to a complete stop. Jaz turned on her heel to face him. "I'm not the kind you're thinking of, not even proud of the fact. But, if ya got a problem with me, then fine. I don't care." Jaz took another sip, staring at the drunk from behind her shades.

7. Pheonix

Billiam

"Well m'dear, that's because I haven't given it yet..." Billiam smiled at Mary. "However, if I had, I would told you that my name is and was and will always be Billiam Spot, or the Spot in Time as some have taken to calling me. In fact, given the natture of my exploits, I may have already told you my name, but neither of us have reached that point in out respective timestreams yet. It might be this very moment! Or not, it's hard to say when one is a time traveler." Billiam looked at his pepsi ponderously or a moment. "Have you ever been to Alabama?" He asked suddenly. "Wait, nevermind. I won't have will be there for another 200 years ago... Oh, sorry, there's another whole syntax that one must use when dealing with future events that have happened in the past... Time travel and all that... You understand I'm sure." He was quite sure that she didn't. But that was alright.

The waitress walked out with his Multidimensional Burger, it was about the size of a human head and loaded with bacon, cheese, steak sauce, onions, and blue cheese, all on top of a prime cut of ground earth-32 beef. (Earth 32 was ruled by sapient cows. When the rest of the galaxy realized this, their extermination was inevitable.)

That was when he noticed the Vampire girl walk in.

"Hey Dex, she looks like your type." Billiam said conspiratorially. He had no love of Vampires, unless they were from Talador-6... the Vampires from Talador-6 were not bad...

8. Kingtype

Dexter sighed. "No thanks I dated a vampire once it didn't go well." He stated as he put his cigarette. He looked over at Jaz again but he was still speaking to Billiam. "But either way all women might as well be vampires. Bloodsuckers!" He chuckled out. Dexter enjoyed irking people. It was a hobby.

9. Pheonix

Billiam

"But either way all women might as well be vampires. Bloodsuckers!"

"In my 4000 odd years running a-muck in the multiverse, I've never found a woman who wasn't..." Billiam shook his head sadly. "Except for one... Maria..." He looked off wistfully, and around him a few people let out exasperated sighs.

"Bill! It's been 4216 years man! Move on!" Death shouted at him. "I mean, I moved on from the idea of ever taking your soul anywhere!"

"Death, if I moved on from the memory of my dear Maria, I would die. Now, you may want that, but she's the only thing that keeps me going." He flagged down the waitress again. "Can you get me a refill on this, except I want it to be mostly rum..."

10. JessWrite

Jaz

"But either way all women might as well be vampires. Bloodsuckers!"

While pondering the man's ignorance, Jaz downed the rest of her drink, leaving not a single drop. Energy returned to her and she felt the familiar temptations seeping into her mind like always. One drink was never enough.

Willing her vampiric feelings away, she approached the drunkard again. Sliding her sunglasses down the bridge of her nose, Jaz squinted at the guy with her golden daggers.

"Man, are you that quick to judge? When you don't even know my name? Well. No wonder you're here alone." She said.

It was then she took notice of another man, bumbling a bunch of nonsense about death and Maria. So, he had a long lost love too. Except that Maria probably was only on the Most Wanted list in his mind. Maria probably wanted him to find her too. With that thought, Jaz forgot that she was still holding her empty cup. The chilling sound of glass shattering rang in her ears.

11. Pheonix

Billiam

"Um, I think you dropped something..." He said politely to the vampire. "So, what's your deal... and you wouldn't happen to be from Talador-6 would you?" He asked. "If you've never been, its a lovely planet, blood rains from the sky every night and fills pools in the morning. The happy little vampire children run out and slurp it up like there's no tomorrow." He laughed to himself, thinking back on the horrors he'd gone through on the planet. The people had been excedingly pleasant though... "In winter they make Snow-blood men, then attack them and eat them... It's really quite horrible..." He said, still laughing and reminiscing on old times.

After 4216 years of flying around the universe in a ship that was neither round nor square, but both at the same time, Billiam may have been starting to suffer some side effects.

12. Kingtype

Dexter was about to say something to the vampire. But he was cut off when the bar door was kicked open. A young man walked through he was taller then most and he had muscles that looked like he spent a lot of time outside. He was missing an eye but he still managed to be farm boy handsome. His was tanned bronze. One of his arms was metal and his good eye was bright green. He was dressed in hard leathery armor like something from a medieval movie.

Dexter looked the new comer confused. "The hell?" he said confused. The man waved his metal hand around. "I had heard an argument from outside. Something about vampires, women and maria. I'm here to help resolve the problem its okay I'm a her-." He was cut off as he accidentally tripped over his feet. The strange man who called himself a hero smashed his head on the counter and fell to the ground. The man gave a thumbs up from the ground. "I just wanted to make sure everyone in here was being peaceful." He stated

13. Love to Write

Mary

"I had heard an argument from outside. Something about vampires, women and maria. I'm here to help resolve the problem its okay I'm a her-."Said a familar man right before tripping over himself.
    She immediatly recognized him, as the kindly and yet somewhat ignorant, knight from Exzalia. "Pickles!" Mary cried out excitedly before she remembered she was from the other side and wasn't supposed to technically know his name. She cleared her throat, "er...I mean, are you ok?"

14. Kingtype

Pickles stood up, holding his head and looked at Mary. "Yes why thank you I'm fine Miss I'm used to being hurt. But um may I ask how you knew my name? Unless of course you don't want to answer." He stated bowing to her. Pickles eyes widened in horror. "Oh my goodness I forgot to ask you your name!' He shouted in terror. "I'm so sorry. So Miss would you mind giving me your name?" He asked in sincere voice.

15. JessWrite

Jaz

"So, what's your deal... and you wouldn't happen to be from Talador-6 would you?" He asked. "If you've never been, its a lovely planet, blood rains from the sky every night and fills pools in the morning. The happy little vampire children run out and slurp it up like there's no tomorrow." He laughed to himself, thinking back on the horrors he'd gone through on the planet. The people had been excedingly pleasant though... "In winter they make Snow-blood men, then attack them and eat them... It's really quite horrible..."

Jaz studied the man as he trailed on and on...and on. This guy sure loved to talk. Too bad she didn't. Still, she decided to speak to him in the effort to shut him up.

"No. I've never been there. I try to distance myself from others like me. I work alone. By myself. No one else. Just me and the nightlife of the city." Jaz said, her breathy voice holding no emotion.

She looked down at the shattered glass, clenching her teeth. This was the reason she didn't surround herself with humans that weren't criminals. He already knew too much. For him to say 'vampire' and the 'b' word in one sentence was blasphemy to her. Too many emotions were carried with those words. Too many delectable thoughts. Too many...

The sound of someone falling reached her ears, another guy had joined the party. Why was this place crawling with men? Not caring if the 'hero' was okay or not, Jaz longingly looked back over to the bar. She needed another drink. Just one more.

16. Love to Write

Mary.

Mary did everything in her power not laugh out loud. She almost couldn't help herself as Pickles was alot funnier in person than when reading about him. "My names Mary. You don't have to call me Miss though." Immediatly the nursery rhyme "Mary Mary quite contrary" went through her head. "As for how I knew your name..." She shrugged innocently,some of her brown curls bouncing on her shoulders as the rest cascaded down to her waist, "I just know things. Lets say, its a gift."
    Mary subconciously tapped her pen on the pad of paper as she glanced over at the newly revealed vampire.
    She didn't look like one, at least not how she imagined Vampires. And this one seemed to be disgusted that she had the misfortune of being one. "So what's your name." She asked the vampire feeling abnormally brave.

17. Pheonix

Alistiar Sur'mur-rac

He was walking through the halls of base 13 when all of a sudden, from the other side of a broom closet he heard a commotion. Alistiar opened the door and was shocked to find himself standing in a tavern, populated by all manner of strange entities. He stepped right away, went to his room, got his weapons and then walked back into the bar and looked around curiously. Then accepting the matter, he walked to the bar and ordered a shot of whiskey. He sat there contemplating how this had happened to appear in a broom closet, then decided not to worry about it. He really needed a drink and this was the closest place in light years that seemed to have decent alchohol.

Billiam

"No. I've never been there. I try to distance myself from others like me. I work alone. By myself. No one else. Just me and the nightlife of the city."

"Now see the thing about the nightlife of a city is that usually its comprised of idio- You're not listening are you..." Billiam stopped mid sentence, then turned to the hero on the floor.
    "Sir Pickles... Lighten up! You're in a bar... No need to stand on formality!" Billiam suddenly stood to attention. "See, I look like an idiot right now, standing to attention like a buffoon." He then sat back down and proceeded to take a large bite out of his Multidimensional burger.

18. Kingtype

Pickles looked at Billaim. "Hmmm your quite strange sir. You remind me of my friend from back home. He talked in the same manner." Pickles didn't know what he wandered into so many people were dressed in strange clothes and seemed to be brooding. Well everyone in Exzalia did that to so it was okay. "Um oh yes I was looking for the source of the trouble.

Dexter scoffed. "Well lets see Billiam won't shut up, the vampire is......well a fucking vampire and finally I'm out out of smokes. So tell me hero can you fix the problem?" He asked. Dexter was so damn tired of these people.

19. Pheonix

Billiam

"Well lets see Billiam won't shut up, the vampire is......well a fucking vampire and finally I'm out out of smokes. So tell me hero can you fix the problem?" He asked. Dexter was so damn tired of these people.

"Hey, you try shutting up after 4000 years of being alone most of the time. People are not designed to live for 4000 years straight in a constant state of agitation and stress. It does odd things to a persons brains..." Billiam replied, slightly indignantly. "Shoot, I'm old enough to have been the progenitor of the population of a small planet, and I won't be talked down to by you, Mr. "I hate everything all the time because I'm a dick so deal with it."" Billiam said all of this through a large bite of his burger. No one could tell what the hell he was saying.

20. Love to Write

Tina

Marc's Bar and Grill. Her favorite relaxing spot. Tina made her way through the crowded room and took a seat at the bar. She was finally off duty for while. She wasn't due to take the next group of senior cadets out till next week so now was a perfect time to relax a little. She never drank enough to get drunk. That was just stupid, but she did enjoy the occasional taste of alchol. Not to mention all the interesting people one could watch here. Like the dude next to her; a curious creature she assumed to be a dark elf. She'd never seen one in person but had heard tales of them in stories before. After ordering a drink she turned to him in an attempt to strike up a conversation. "You look like a military man, or elf to be percise. What do you do? If you don't mind me asking?"
    A crash sounded on the other side of the bar and Tina found herself grateful the bar allowed her to bring her Katana in.

-------------
    Mary
    Mary looked down at her pad of paper as Dexter talked fouly to Pickles and Billiam yelled back at Dexter with a mouth full of a strange looking burger. Feeling embarrased by the display of crude drunk men she distracted herself by drawing. First she scribbled down the word butterfly then drew a picture of one. With a single breath she could send it flying off the page into reality, but she didn't. At least not yet. Instead she began drawing several more.

21. Kingtype

Dexter glared at Billiam. "First off I don't hate everything there is a very large list of things I like I can name them for you?" Dexter offered. "But I do admit I am a dick, its not like I try I hide it. If you or anyone else got a problem with the way I talk to people or act, then we can settle things in the alley." Dexter pointed to the door in the back. He then looked at Tina who had just walked in. "Huh a sword babe." He stated.

22. JessWrite

Jaz

"So what's your name."

While debating whether another drink would be a good idea, a voice interrupted. Jaz turned with an annoyed sigh. Why did these people think she was so fascinating? She wasn't a specimen. People and their obsession of vampires. When would that fad ever go away? Whenever that day came, she'd live in peace!

When Jaz saw the owner of the voice, she rolled her eyes. Rootbeer girl. Figures.

"The name's Jaz, short for Jasmine," She said to the girl, who had begun doodling. She omitted her last name in case this girl had heard of her. Any of these losers would be a couple thousand bucks richer if they called in that she had been rescued. "And, you? What name would a friendly girl have, who's big risk is drinking root beer at a bar? Seriously, I'm dying of curiosity." Jaz said, her voice dripping of sarcasm.

23. Pheonix

Alistair

"You look like a military man, or elf to be percise. What do you do? If you don't mind me asking?"

He turned to her, not quite sure if he wanted to have conversation or not, then decided that he had nothing better to do. His hatred of humans had abated enough that he could be cordial as long as there were no active attempts on his life.

"I'm was a commander in the special forced on the moon..." He gravely voice was just audible above the noise of the tavern. "Now I'm a resistance fighter. How about you? You look like you got some fight in you..."

24. Love to Write

Mary

"And, you? What name would a friendly girl who's big risk is drinking root beer at a bar? Seriously, I'm dying of curiosity." Jaz said, her voice dripping of sarcasm.
    Well someone has their panties in a wad.
    "If you're dying you should probably see a doctor. I'm sure there is one around here somewhere." Mary replied teasingly with a smile. The poor vampire was probably having a bad day. "If you don't want to talk, just say so. I'm not trying to be nosy."

---------------
    Tina

"I'm was a commander in the special forced on the moon..." He gravely voice was just audible above the noise of the tavern. "Now I'm a resistance fighter. How about you? You look like you got some fight in you..."

"Huh. How 'bout that." Tina gave an amused smile. "I'm a commander with the United Nations Space Program on earth. We protect earth's intrests from hostile aliens on other planets. But I'm off duty right now." She smiled again and took a sip of her drink. "What's your earth like? It's probably not the same as the one I know."

25. Kingtype

Pickles walked up to Dexter. "Sir excuse me but I find it quite rude how you are making trouble and insulting the Miss vampire lady because of what she is. I think it would best if you said sorry or I'll be forced to take my heroic duty." Dexter simply looked at Pickles with wide blue eyes and started laughing. "What the hell is heroic duty? Do me a favor get out of my face and go sit of there with the hens." Dexter pointed in the direction of Mary, Jaz, Orphine and Tina. "You seem to fit in with them more." Pickles nodded at Dexter. Pickles grabbed Dexter by his coat and stood him up. Pickles was a lot bigger then Dexter. "Sir I challenge you to duel in defense of these ladies!" Pickles shouted with flaming passion. Dexter scowled. "Kid your on."