Marc's Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Alistair

"What's your earth like? It's probably not the same as the one I know."

"My earth isn't really an earth so much as an irradiated rock... Everyone has moved offworld to colonies. Those who were foolish enough to stay live in colonies on the terraformed moon." Alistair said, taking a sip of bourbon that the bartender had just brought him. "Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Commander." He said. "How long have you been in the service?"

--------------------------

Billiam

"Sir I challenge you to duel in defense of these ladies!" Pickles shouted with flaming passion. Dexter scowled. "Kid your on."

"Wait till I finish my burger! I wanna watch!" Billiam exclaimed.

2. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Jaz

"If you're dying you should probably see a doctor. I'm sure there is one around here somewhere." Rootbeer girl replied teasingly with a smile. "If you don't want to talk, just say so. I'm not trying to be nosy."

Jaz scowled, but her emotion wasn't seen under her shades. "I'm already dead. Don't you know anything about what I am? That's why I drink to keep myself alive. If you had to drink rootbeer for the rest of your life, how would you feel? You'd probably start hating rootbeer right? No. You'd keep drinking it and drinking it and drinking it. Like a drug that you can't give up. And then you're living forever with it being your only source of happiness, because the one man you loved gave you this life. And he isn't even there to share it with you. The man who took away your dreams." Jaz clenched her fist, slamming it on the table. "That man who took away everything."

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Pickles let go of the scowling Dexter. "Hey kid were you going we gonna fight or what?" Dexter asked nodding towards the door way that led to the alley. Pickles one metal finger at Dexter. "Of course we are going to fight, but first I must check on Miss Jaz, I believe that was her name." Pickles walked over to the vampire woman and smiled at her. "Miss are you alright?" He asked with deep concern. The needs of others came first. Dexter rolled his eyes. "Jeez the bitch is fine. Can I just kick your ass and get back to drinking?" He asked cracking his neck.

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Stupid Scrappers! Why did i take the back route? she thought exasperatedly, clinging to the back of her hoverbike/Android for dear life as he swerved around another corner; trying to lose the mess of screeching and beeping robot junk-yard guards that were hot on their trail. Street lights flashed in a line overhead, their yellow glow fake and filling Mikey with a sense of dread as they were herded deeper into the dank city built out of old trash and scrap metal.
    Unknown object identified. Proceeding to escape mode X-6-6-9-9. XL bleeped, his metallic voice echoing around in the bright red "mask" she had made for him. Mikey yelped as they swerved around another bend, losing a few of the persistent Scrappers but not all of them. Screeching and wailing, the strange half-human, half-cyborg creatures lunged for Mikey, long claws extended. She ducked down and only got a small peice of hair sliced from her head, and XL weaved around another curb before they could get at anything more vital.

Escape mode activated. he bleeped and then made another unpleasant cry come from Mikey when he banged through a door and into a brightly-lit room, coming to a halt in the middle of the room, his turbines screaming for releif for stopping so hard.

Mikey tumbled off of XL and landed, panting hard, on the tile floor as the door banged shut. Though she should have been more focused on the group of people around her, she went to the door and peered outside, flinching back as a Scrapper zoomed by. Not going out there just yet.

" . . . jeez the bitch is fine. Can i just kick your ass and get back to drinking?" the voice made her whirl around, and XL's blades shot out as he moved in front of her in defensive mode.

"Crap." she swore, backing up a step and pulling out a heavy wrench that had seen better days.

5. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Orphine

"The bar is certainly filling up now...", Orphine muttered as she nursed her second witch's brew. She was beginning to feel a bit tipsy, and swirling lights moved under her skin, like lightning trapped in a bottle. If she got too drunk she would start letting out random burst of magick and that wouldn't do--not when all the Gods were after her. So Orphine decided to call it a nigt and go look around for somewhere to nestle up and take a power nap. As she strode down the row of booths she noticed a vampire sitting across from Mary. Her name was Jaz, the name buzzed around Orphine's head like an angry hornet.

Orphine slinked to Mary's table, only stumbling a little, and said, "Mary, my dear, is this vampire bothering you?" Orphine glared at the vamp threateningly, her black eyes glinting. Then she touched her forehead and said, "Oh my...I think I need to sit down." She sat next to Mary and put her head on the cool table to calm down. She'd had one too many drinks after all.

6. Kingtype

Pickles looked back over at Dexter. "Alright Mister Dexter, have at that thee!" Pickles shouted. Pickles was about to throw a punch at Dexter. Dexter held up his hand. "Hold up kid!" He shouted. Pickles raised an eyebrow. "Wh..what? Dexter pointed to the alleys doorway. "That's were all the fighting gets done." Pickles nodded. "Oh I understand no reason to wreck the place. I apologize Mister......" He looked The Bartender's name tag. "Bartender...I'm sorry Mister Bartender for almost wrecking the place." The Bartender simply nodded at Pickles.

Pickles pulled an Althea blade from its sheathe and readied his shield. He stared at Dexter. Dexter nodded at him and started walking towards the alley door but then stopped. Dexter turned to everyone in the bar. "Does anyone want to watch the kid get his ass kicked?" Dexter asked.

7. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Lark: Curiosity...

Her braids had work themselves loose as she struggled through the dense under brush that had consumed the burnt out ruins of the original Abbey. Everything had been leading her to this spot. Even her manic flight from London had played a critical roll, but what was it that was out here? The December wind was brutal as it sliced clean through to her soul. "Merry and bright, my arse..." She muttered to herself, pushing through yet another spinney.

Suddenly her right foot went out from beneath her. Lark went sprawling head first into the snow cloaked loam. Biting back a whimper of pain, she twisted round to see what it was that had brought her down. Surprise lighted her eyes as she caught sight of a heavily tarnished ring, all but invisible against the frozen earth. Freeing her abused limb she rose, shaking out her skirts as she did so.

Something crunched in the undergrowth off to her left. Lark froze and slowly turned to face the sound. Crunch...crunch...crunch...crack. The sound came steadily closer. Whatever it was didn't seem to care if its presence was known or not. The young darkkin blew out the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. It was an animal of some sort. Hot, moist air brushed her cheek and set the tangled curls about her waif like face dancing.

A huge muzzle pressed into the small of her back and nudged. Lark tumbled again and came about with her temper soaring. "Why you caperwitted mongrel...I'll...I'll" She sputtered, too furious to even form the words.

She heard the heavy click of a flintlock somewhere in the region of her right temple. "You'll what, poppet? Kill me with a look?"

"No!" Lark choked out. "You were in London, you can't be here. I'm dreaming...Please tell me, I'm dreaming..."

Alfie smiled. "So you did, girlie, but you ain't the only shifter thereabouts. And this ain't no dream. Me and Bernard, we has a debt to settle with you. Tell us where it is." The hulking brute made a grab for her thin arm. Lark ducked, spinning about, striking out at the vital spots Chance had shown her. Her foot came down. Hard. Her elbow dug in deep and her knee struck home.

The pistol fell from Aflie's suddenly lax fingers. A shot exploded as it hit the ground. Smoke and burned powder roiled up as Lark cast herself at Ares. The behemoth mastiff rolled a shoulder low as she caught his collar and pulled herself astride. Instinct took over as she settled deep between the dog's shoulder blades and clapped her heels against his sides.

The big fawn colored beast needed no further urging. He bolted, the fluid, ground consuming run that characterized his breed. Cloak, wrinkles, and curls condensed into a haze of speed, seemingly unhampered by the wind and woods. The forests of the Braemoore Vale swallowed them whole.

8. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Mary

And then you're living forever with it being your only source of happiness, because the one man you loved gave you this life. And he isn't even there to share it with you. The man who took away your dreams." Jaz clenched her fist, slamming it on the table. "That man who took away everything."

Mary gave her a look of sympathy and sorrow. Not one people give to be polite but one that showed she truly cared. She put a hand on Jaz's fist, immediatly regreting the action as she remembered this woman was vampire. But she didn't withdraw it. Not knowing what to say Mary simply sat there, trying to show that she was here if Jaz needed to talk.

"Mary, my dear, is this vampire bothering you?" Orphine glared at the vamp threateningly, her black eyes glinting. Then she touched her forehead and said, "Oh my...I think I need to sit down."
    "No." Mary laughed under her breath at the apparently drunk Orphine. She didn't understand why people would drink till they couldn't think straight, only to wake up with a screaming headache and who knew what else the next morning. All to forget something for a few hours. Better to just deal with it and get it over with.
    "Jaz isn't bothering me at all, but thankyou for your concern."

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Tina

"My earth isn't really an earth so much as an irradiated rock... Everyone has moved offworld to colonies. Those who were foolish enough to stay live in colonies on the terraformed moon." Alistair said, taking a sip of bourbon that the bartender had just brought him.

Tina scoffed. "You're the second person to tell me that their version of earth has gone to hell." She shook her head. I'm going to do everything in my power from that happening to my earth.

"Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Commander." He said. "How long have you been in the service?"

"Likewise." She said raising her glass in a cheer. "I've been the service the past...hmm...started when I was 18 so..." Tina did some quick counting, "Fourteen years. Dang...the time has gone by fast."

"How 'bout you? You look like you've got more years under your belt than I do. Also, what do you mean by 'resistance fighter'?"

9. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

double post

10. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Orphine

"Are you sure, Mary? Is she threatening you, has she mesmerised you?" Orphine glared over at Jaz and tried to look fierce, even though she was obviously struggling to focus. "What kind of vampire are you, anyway? Do you turn into a bat, or sand, or moths? I've met ones that could do all that in my travels. Some could even control the elements or summon dark powers. You one of those?" The Witch squinted at the vampire suspiciously.

11. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"Hhmmm, besides alchoholic drinks, do you have something more soft.... I would love black coffee"

These words were spoke by a tall man wearing a black coat who was sitting on a chair. No one saw him, neither noticed when did he arrive. But he was there...

12. Kingtype

The Bartender stared at Gerad his eyes studying him. He nodded to Gerad and slid him his coffee. Pickles and Dexter both turned and stared at the new comer. Dexter was the first to speak. "Well that's interesting. I don't remember you coming in." Dexter stated to Gerad. Dexter had been keeping track of all the people that came through the door. This guy hadn't.

13. lixAxil

Gerad took a sip from his cup.
    Then he spoke to Dexter.

"Perhaps you were too focused on your senseless fight with that other guy. So you didn't notice me."

14. Kingtype

Pickles looked at Gerad with wide eyes. "Excuse me sir but defending the honor of women is never senseless. I'm simply doing my duty as a hero against this gentleman here." Pickles stated nodding towards Dexter. Pickles was a man of morals and heroics. He was truly a rare case in the world he lived in. Dexter scowled at Gerad. "Yeah maybe I didn't notice or maybe your faster then you look." He stated at Gerad.

15. lixAxil

"Defending woman?.... sigh...."
    He turn this time to face both Dexter and Pickles...

"So care to explain me what's going on?" said while taking another sip from his coffee.

16. Kingtype

Dexter smirked. "Quite simple. This kid challenged me to a fight and I accepted and then after I'm done mopping the floor with him, I'm gonna come back in and sit down. Unless of course you mean what's the deal with this bar is. Then its a bigger mystery then I'll ever know." Dexter stated. This bar gave him the chills sometimes and The Bartender didn't exactly help either.

Pickles pointed at Dexter. "He was insulting women Mister and I simply can't tolerate that kind of stuff. Women our flowers and should be treated with respect. So I asked him to apologize and he refused. So I challenged him to a duel." Pickles stated nicely. Pickles was always respectful.

17. lixAxil

This bar huh?.... now that he says it, yeah, it isn't a normal place... I think that it pretty adapts to the situation. Such a curious fiction this is....

"Women should be treated with respect huh?..... I dare you to meet Mytahlia and say that again.... she is just a headache after a headache..."

Gerad then recalled the woman she had met on the fictions..... no one could qualify as a sweet flower.... in real they were even scary sometimes.

18. Kingtype

Dexter seemed to be deep in thought. "I don't know why but you are giving me a bad case of deja vu and I know Mythalia she's a bitch I got stuck protecting a kid with her and some other morons who I'd like to forget." He stated in a very blunt manner.

Pickles on the other hand. "I'm sure all the girl needs is a friend. I think everyone can be a good person if they put enough time into it." He stated happily. Pickles refused to believe anyone, let alone women were all that bad. He just thought everyone needed a push in the right direction.

19. lixAxil

Gerad looked at Pickles...

"You're free to think what you want to.... but it will kill you someday."

Although as a fiction..... mmmm .... nevermind...

"How are you called boy?"

20. Kingtype

"I'm Pickles the hero I fight for truth, justice and heroes way." He stated cheerfully giving a thumbs up to Gerad. Pickles always liked meeting new people. Pickles skipped over to the man and shook his hand in respect. "What is your name sir?" He asked curiously.

Dexter looked at the two. "Hey you coffee guy, since you know Mythalia. Next time you meet her tell her that Dexter still hasn't forgiven her for only buying soda when she got off the damn bus." He snorted out. Dexter was the kind a guy that held grudges.

21. lixAxil

"Pickles....?" That name is kinda...hilarious for a fiction...

"Uuum my name is Gerad D. Poe and I hunt dangerous fiction..."

Then he turned at Dexter.... "The next time I see Mytahlia I will hunt her down... she is labeled as extremely dangerous..."

22. Kingtype

Pickles rubbed his head. "That sounds like an interesting job Mister Gerad. Though if you hunt, you probably kill to and well I can't stop that. But I do hope you give everyone a chance to turn over a new leaf." He stated giving a respectful bow.

Dexter was less polite. "Jeez man Mythalia must of screwed you something fierce, if you hate her that much. Why don't you just kill her now?" He asked. Dexter didn't see the big deal, the girl wasn't all that dangerous to him. Heck if he wanted to he could have killed her himself. But still though this Gerad guy was giving horrible deja vu.

23. lixAxil

"Pickles.... is very hard for a fiction to redeem... because we have no will in real. In other words if a fiction redeems, it doesn't depend on itself, but on the reality being that controls it." Said Dexter to Pickles...

24. Kingtype

Pickles smiled brightly. "I don't believe in things like fiction and reality. I think at the end of the day we are all just trying to what we think is right, but in my book killing is wrong. Maybe I can come with you on your next hunt and try to convince your enemy of a different path." He stated with smile. "And if this reality world controls who you are hunting then I'll try and convince them to let your hunt turn to a path of good." He stated happily.

Dexter rolled his eyes. "Pickles your a dumbass. Hey hunter man I got a question for you. What exactly does one have to do to get on your naughty list?" He asked grabbing a chair. Dexter was hoping he wasn't on that list. This guy seemed like he would be trouble in a fight.

25. lixAxil

"As simply as to threat the balance of fictions"

Gerad sighed and then produced a package of cigarettes, he pulled on, and only using his finger, he ignited it. Then started to smoke.

"I don't mean villains who are naturally part of their fiction. I mean those that cannot be classified really as protagonists or antagonists... those that disturb the balance"