1. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Small paragraph critique thread?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by peachalulu, Sep 25, 2013.

Just wondering if maybe starting a thread for smaller critiques - a paragraph or a handful of sentences might be beneficial rather than having to post every excerpt in the short story or novel section? We could still have the you need to help out - within the thread - to post something to stop people from taking advantage.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I see no advantage to a special section. Everyone is encouraged to keep the excerpts small anyway, particularly the first excerpt of a piece of writing. It rarely requires a large excerpt to get a sense of where a writer can best improve his or her writing - I usually find plenty to dissect in the first four or five sentences.

Consider how much can be said about even a short poem.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i agree... there's no good reason for such a section...

4. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Hey, I know this is an older suggested but I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I don't think we need a separate section/forum for this, but I'd say you could include a smaller excerpt in the writing workshop, or you could ask for feedback in the Supporter forum, or alternatively start a "writing prompt" where it's people submitting single paragraphs for critique and critiquing each other in that one thread. Just a few ideas. ;)