1. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Bug Report Supporter Membership

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Night Herald, Jan 14, 2020.

Hello. I wasn't sure if I should post a thread or send somebody a PM, and now here we are.

I tried renewing my Supporter membership the other day. I got charged, but nothing else happened.

When I return to the relevant section, I'm met with an error message.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

It's a known issue. I expected it to have been fixed by now, but apparently not. Will ping @Daniel again since he's the one that can fix this.

(Also, I'll PM you some additional details.)

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

@Komposten The issue was fixed some time ago, I'm still looking into your most recent report but am struggling to find anything.

@Night Herald I checked the transaction log, and I see two from you, the $12/year option and a $30 server donation.

As for investigating this potential bug... the $12/year and $1/mont option was created by request as a way to make a small contribution without the more expensive supporter status. On the upgrades page it mentions the $12 option as a way to donate to WF without receiving the visible supporter status change, so if that's what you're referencing, it's behaving as expected.

Likewise, the server fundraiser is run on a separate system, and by default doesn't process donations as supporter upgrades. I am happy to apply them to anyone who donates upon request, but it doesn't do so automatically.

You shouldn't be seeing an error regardless.

I've gone ahead and set you up with Supporter status for a year to reflect your recent donations (thank you!). I'll continue to review the system to make sure it's functioning properly.

Some Guy likes this.
  4. Night Herald

Thanks @Daniel!

It's been established that I clicked the wrong button (I was going for the other 1-year option). So that part is down to human error.

I still get the same old "A server error occurred. Please try again later" message. I checked just now.

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

@Night Herald On what page do you get that error? After clicking the PayPal button?

6. Night Herald

After clicking this link, under FAQ Supporter Membership:

To upgrade to Supporter Membership, click here.

7. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

https://www.writingforums.org/account/upgrades still produces an error for me as well:
    upload_2020-2-13_11-49-1.png

@Daniel, I just checked and this server error does not happen on my other accounts on the forum. So it seems like you only get the server error if you already are subscribed to an option. Maybe that is why you can not see the error (since you do not have an active Account Upgrade)?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  8. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

@Daniel Thanks for looking into this. I still have donations to make. Let me know when you make any changes?
    Good to see you around! :)