Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John2017

John2017 Banned

Need help with an introduction for my short story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by John2017, Sep 23, 2017.

1st page - out with her gang, away from the city - camp fires, a few laughs etc.

2nd page - the accident.

3rd and one half of page 4 - She's now on the run, fleeing from the police. Have her hold up in barns and stuff. Make it rain to reflect her misery.

2nd half of page 4 and page 5 - Start with her in a bar or diner. The news report comes on the TV showing the family. She storms out in tears and spends some time fighting with her morals. Then the final scene is her walking into a police station.

This is the layout for my 3-5 page short story. I got help from a fellow forum member. How can I start off my story? I'm terrible at introductions

2. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Are you sure you can do that in 5 pages? If you're doing, oh, 300 words per page, you'll have to wrap this up in 1500 words and it seems like you have multiple scenes. I'm just saying it might wind up being much longer than 5 pages.

Anyway, you might consider having the first scene mirror the final scene. If the final act is one of responsibility, or maybe trust (?), then the first scene should diametrically oppose it. That way you're showing the character's path, and the final decision hits harder.

3. John2017

John2017 Banned

Could you maybe lay it out for me? Like by page.
    Thanks

4. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

You want @Seven Crowns to write it for you too?

Laurus and Laurin Kelly like this.
  5. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

Wow.

ETA: I just found the original thread mentioned in the OP. Dude, you're 16 and this is your homework! Spend more time thinking about how to write the story and less time trying to get other people on the internet to do your homework for you.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

:stop:

Helping with homework is against the forum rules!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.