Mentally Ill Protagonist

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Oscar Leigh, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Thanks. Don't worry, I usually get stressed afterwards really. I often feel dissatisfied with my results because people tell me I could do better but with my damn ADHD brain means I forget things or get distracted while working and I know I screw myself over. That's the annoying thing about school. The guy who knows the subject really well and is passionate will fail if he's disorganized. But the hard-working, organised guy will get better marks even though he doesn't care as much. At least I can do a bridging course if I fail some requirement for uni subjects. Speaking of which; do you know any practically viable careers in the humanities? I like the idea of history professor but uni's don't offer a great deal of careers and the pay a bit shit. Especially with Liberal party in charge, grumble, grumble, Greens would be better,anyway. Let me know if you have a thought on careers. That goes for other people as well.

jannert likes this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Well, I'm probably the wrong person to ask for advice on this. I got a teaching degree in the Humanities (English) way back in 1971. I used it to teach with for a year, but I hated teaching in high school so I quit. I've worked other kinds of jobs ever since, up till my retirement in 2006. I never regretted getting my English degree, but I didn't really use it for employment either, apart from that one year.

ADHD is a difficult problem to circumvent. I've known other people with the condition, and they have to work so hard at things most of us find easy to do. But they are creative, lively and interesting and intelligent people, with a lot of potential. I do hope you realise yours.

3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Thanks. :friend::friend::friend:

jannert likes this.