1. Paul M

Paul M New Member

Hello from philly

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Paul M, Nov 16, 2015.

Hello everyone. My name is Paul. I live just outside of Philadelphia.

I've always had a deep love of books and enjoyed writing quite a bit. However, in my house, it was never looked upon as something worth pursuing or a potential career. The last few years, I've attempted to write. However, I've found myself giving up on me quite a bit. I've only ever shared my writing with 2 people. Both were very supportive and loved it. In my head, they say that because they're my friends. I write and put it away for months because i think it's not worth it because it isnt good enough.

It was suggested to me to find a place like this. I doubt my problem is unique and i thought it a good idea to seek the experience of others. I would truly appreciate any help or guidance. Thank you

2. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

Hello, I am from London, then I get bored and travelled around a bit. I settled on Auckland, but I am bored of it, need to fuck off elsewhere. Funny how quick boredom starts to grind away at you.

Anyway welcome and hi.

3. Gisella_M

Gisella_M Member

Hi!

Yeah having people read your work is the scary bit, but welcome. What sort of stuff do you write?

4. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Hi new person. :-D We are definitely our own worst critics, it's just part of being a writer. We create, we hate it, we feel unqualified. It's our monologue.

Sharing work with other writers though, will get you perspectives that non-writey friends can't offer. Often times, you'll get praise for something you didn't even know you were doing right (or at all), and the parts you hated go over without a hitch.

So yes, tell us — what do you write?

5. Paul M

Paul M New Member

Thank you very much

I suppose I'd classify it as realistic fiction. I love the stories of people, and there are many I'd like to tell.

My biggest obstacle is getting myself to write!

Imaginarily likes this.
  6. Paul M

Paul M New Member

I didn't see this before i replied to the other comment. I'd classify it as realistic fiction.

7. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

We have ways of making you write. :wtf:

:-D

Paul M likes this.
  8. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the forums.