Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShortBus

ShortBus Member

I'm looking for a specific function. Help!

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by ShortBus, Apr 26, 2012.

What I'm looking for is a function on a word processor that splits two documents on the screen. This is for revising and rewriting. I'm basically revamping what I previously wrote and it's a real pain in the ass to keep tabbing.

Say I have my rough draft on the left side of the screen and what I'm revising is on the right side. I can look at the left side and type on the right in real time.

I hope you guys know what I mean. If you do, then please help a brotha out.

*Edit: Other than MS Word. (I don't have that) There should be some open source software capable of this but I can't find it.

2. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Why not just have two documents opened side by side? Resize the windows so they both fit.

3. ShortBus

ShortBus Member

yea that's what im doing now. it doesn't fit all that well and i have to zoom out quite a bit so i can see both windows. i'm just hoping that there would be an easier way to go about this.

4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise that's a problem. I have a Mac so it works fine on my computer.

5. ShortBus

ShortBus Member

Now I'm wondering if there is a good open source program for revisions. Off to google I go!

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This site does not permit product endorsements. I suggest you check with the software manufacturer's site to find features or auxilliary products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.