Bug Report Minor bug reports

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Komposten, Mar 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I think its set up so its minimum senior members (need approval) and contributing members (don't need approval) - we'll put that on the list for next time someone captures the lesser spotted Daniel - in the meantime if you want something added post it in the project resource thread or pm it to me and i'll add it then transfer it to you

Daniel likes this.
  2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

I sent you a PM :)

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

According to the FAQ: "Resources submitted by New and Regular members are moderated."

Everyone should be able to submit a resource. Seniors (or Active Members, not sure) and above don't need their resources approved. Contributing members can edit others' resources.
    That New Members and Members can't submit resources is a bug.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'm sure ive seen it written differently somewhere else but what I described is the case ... if you're a senior member it gets moderated, if you are active or contributing it doesn't. (or something - the classifications have changed since the FAQs were written and the order isn't the same any more - there's also an issue about whether its contributing members or contributors with the banner)

There are a lot of FAQs which were written when god's dog was a puppy and now don't make that much sense

Komposten likes this.
  5. big soft moose

Sorted - I put it in poetry resources

8Bit Bob likes this.
  6. Komposten

Noted. Will look into it to see if it is I or the backend that needs updating... :p

(The Contributor banner comes with becoming a Contributing Member. It should not be possible to be one without the other.)

7. big soft moose

It should but it doesn't - I was a contributing member for about 6 months before my title changed to contributor and I got the banner - I think the hierarchy of titles may be fubared (not that it matters much in the greater scheme of things)... there's thread about the contributor vs contributing member thing in this section somewhere

8. big soft moose

new members seem to be able to start threads in articles (which isn't right) - I used my volunteer fu to move the thread concerned to plot dev but my understanding was that articles was supposed tobe senior members and up

9. Komposten

A while ago we had problems with members with only a few posts or a short time on the forum being upgraded to Senior members or similar. This was because there were 2 different systems in place at once. This should have been fixed back when we discovered the cause (early October).

Anyone can post in the Articles section, but every single post must be approved by a moderator. It is possible that the mod who approved the post you found and moved (thank you for that) didn't notice what section it was posted in.

10. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    "Resources" on my profile page is displaying as a second "Workshop Entries". I haven't created any resources, so there's no problem there, but the wording on the tab is wrong:

Workshop.png

11. Komposten

That is a known issue regarding an effort to expand the profile with further tabs (e.g. "Current Project"). However, it is still work in progress and I don't think it's supposed to be visible to normal members yet...

Daniel and Iain Aschendale like this.
  12. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Has anyone else experienced pages that you navigated to through an alert first going to the post you were alerted to, but then suddenly slamming all the way down to the bottom of the page (the blue "important information" section)? I first noticed this happening when we came back up after the extended crash last week, but I'm only seeing it on my tablet (up to date Chrome for Android), so it could be an issue on my end.

13. Komposten

Clicking 'edit' on this post (or the one quoted within it), and then "Use BB Code Editor" causes an Internal Server Error dialogue to appear.

14. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

I've had the forum swallow up two blog posts, and a status update.

15. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Me, I tried to start a new thread last night and got an Internal Server Error. Haven't tried posting it this morning. It's frustrating, but having to wait gives me time to edit....

16. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Android Chrome 7 and 8 has been getting this weird overlap of embedded videos lately

Screenshot_20180402-123049_Chrome.jpg

17. Komposten

The same happens in Chromium-based desktop browsers.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  18. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

For some reason, I don't get @mentions as alerts anymore.

I think it's because my account was merged with my old one when I got locked out.

It's not a huge deal, but I feel like a jerk when I don't respond to people who mention me, and I only like being a jerk on purpose.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  19. Komposten

Make sure that alerts for @-mentions are turned on in your profile settings (you could also try turning it off and on again).

20. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Intermittent issue which seems unique to the poetry section, in which the reply box will not load. This happens both when starting a new thread and/or replying to a post directly.

21. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Has anybody else noticed that the Server Fundraiser sidebar seems locked on $58.62 and 32%? It was like that when I made a donation on Sunday—this is now Tuesday—and it hasn't changed. I have confirmation from Peoria productions that they received my donation and it has certainly been taken off my Paypal account. But my donation has not registered in the sidebar.

I've written two 'contact' posts (from the Information section in the menu bar) but as yet have received no reply. Is the sidebar stuck?

22. Komposten

I would assume that the money goes through but isn't counted by the fundraiser for some reason. Will notify Daniel.

jannert likes this.
  23. jannert

Thanks.

24. jannert

I see the sidebar has come unstuck, and the forum is a lot nearer to the goal for the month. A few more smallish donations from members who can afford it should do the trick.

25. Jenissej

Jenissej Professional Lurker Supporter Contributor

Maybe related to what @jannert said, I went to look at the status of my donation in PayPal and it's still in the debit transfer stage after 24 hours. I'm not sure whether this is unusual or not.

jannert likes this.