1. Moth

Moth Active Member

I'm bad at titles

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Moth, Oct 4, 2015.

And naming things in general. Thankfully not as bad as astronomers, though. No 'VY Canis Majoris' or 'R136a1' for me! If I ever have the chance to name a star, you can be sure it'll forever become known as the 'Galactic Fart'.

Like I said, bad at naming things!

So, I'm Moth and I want to become a novelist. Gods help me. I am an anti-social outcast and I love white chocolate and mints. Nice to meet'cha!

2. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

A little known fact.

I am worse than you at names. ;)

Nice to meet you. :D

3. Aidan Stern

Aidan Stern Active Member

Welcome! I'm glad you joined. I joined Wednesday, and I'm very glad I did. You'll soon see why once you start to explore! :)

4. Morgan Stelbas

Morgan Stelbas Active Member

Hello Moth,
    Welcome from a fellow newb. I'm now curious to see how you title your work!

5. KhalieLa

KhalieLa It's not a lie, it's fiction. Contributor

I never give anything more than a working title because my editor always changes it anyway.
    You could call it ABC--it doesn't matter, it's going to be changed.

Welcome Aboard!

6. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

Welcome Moth (I shudder at the name, but I can see why not butterfly, to formulaic, but I'll explain quickly. I have a kind of phobia of them. I don't care about bugs, I like bees and wasps, and I never kill a spider, but when I was five, I may have eaten on...I'm shuddering and heaving now a bit. I did the same with a daisy, so I hate daisies too for the exact same reason. So there. I hope that I wont subconsciously say anything, but if I do, please, please dont fly around my head!)

Welcome! I am a bewn too. I was going to backspace that dyslexic typo but its a great name for...something. I have never been bad at names because as a young boy into cars, I'd draw my own designs and of course I had to name them. From engines (which I didnt understand at the time) to the actual model name. So I have things like the (My last name that sucks for an author but sounds cool for a car make) Carolina Convertible or Road Aero or the Tectonic and engines like a V8 called 5900PR-DCC (push rod, direct carbureted cylinder). Well ok, maybe I'm not the best at this, but I will believe I am! :D

I look forward to hearing what your novel is about and eventually reading it.

AB