Tags:
  1. jmitchell1986

jmitchell1986 New Member

Montage scenes; correct way of writing them?!

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by jmitchell1986, Jul 23, 2007.

Pretty self-explanatory really! My 'film' opens with a montage scene, of all the characters waking up in the morning; what is the best way to write this? I have been using the CeltX software I downloaded from here (its quite good, but a bit tricky to get used to!), and have been writing each cut as a new scene, but I don't know if that is the correct form; any ideas?!

Thanks!

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

not necessary to have each shot as a scene, if it's very brief... can be 'series of shots' or a 'montage'... what you want is really more the former, than the latter...

do you have trottier's 'bible'?... or any other good how-to on screenwriting?... don't you study good scripts, to see how such things are written?...

anyway, here's how a series of shots can be done:

more details may be needed, but you can see how it's done from this, at least... hope it helps... email me for a good format guide if you need one and tips from pros, plus a 'tools of the trade' list that you seem to need badly...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. jmitchell1986

jmitchell1986 New Member

Hehe, I guess I underestimated how different a screenplay is from a stage play script!

But thanks for the tips :-D

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

quite different, though having much the same e1ements--

and a screenp1ay is much more standardized than scripts for the stage, where the p1aywright has a 1ot more 1eeway in format--

i'm just a mouse c1ick away if you want any further info on either--

hugs, m
    maia3maia@hotmailcom