Moose's progress journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by big soft moose, Aug 16, 2016.

1. big soft moose

big soft moose The Moderating Moose Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

DotE now 57382 - that's about 2.5k this afternoon

End of play today DotE now 62023 - another 4.7 or so, for a total of 6.3k today. The end is in sight.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Oscar Leigh and Shenanigator like this.
  2. big soft moose

big soft moose The Moderating Moose Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

DotE now 65133 -about 3k this afternoon - probably more later

Veltman, Shenanigator and Stormburn like this.
  3. big soft moose

end of the day to day DotE 70172 about 5k this evening and 8k today total

4. big soft moose

DotE 72156 about 2k tonight

5. big soft moose

DotE now 74764 2.5k tonight very nearly done

6. big soft moose

Day of the Eagle now First Draft Complete 76,852

This was written in three bursts but altogether totalled 37 days - that averages 2077 per day, although the average is pulled up by three days in which I wrote about 25k.

Now to finish Wild Justice … once that's down i'll be free to start new projects but i'm trying to get all the half finished stuff cleared away first. WJ is intended to be a long novella or short novel of the 30-40k level and I currently have circa 10k written

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  7. big soft moose

Wild justice 14208 - it was actually on nearly 12k so that's about 2k tonight.

Shenanigator, Stormburn and TWErvin2 like this.
  8. big soft moose

Did the first read through and self edit on double trouble and double game. (decided to rename these to more thriller titles so they are now Broken Promises and Missing Parts)

Stormburn and Shenanigator like this.
  9. Stormburn

Stormburn Contributor Contributor

The Battle of Britain is my favorite battle of all times. It's has so many elements that is unique to that time and place. I'm looking forward to reading your book.

Shenanigator likes this.
  10. big soft moose

you can beta read if you want - but it won't be ready for a while yet (I'm aiming to release for the anniversary in 2020 so there is plenty of time)

11. Stormburn

Stormburn Contributor Contributor

I would be more than happy to beta read! It's been awhile since I dove into the Bob and I look forward to returning to the skies over Dover once more!

12. big soft moose

Lucky is flying out of Kenley so most of the action is in the skies over the brighton/beachy head area

13. big soft moose

WJ now 15,543 about 1400 words tonight. This is a novella so that's about half way through

Shenanigator and Stormburn like this.
  14. big soft moose

WJ now 18024 so 2.5k today

15. big soft moose

I was on a course on oil spill response this week just gone so I didn't get much writing done. Yesterday I did some edits to Broken promises and Missing parts (that's Double trouble and double game as was), today I've got back into writing WJ , now at 20745 , so about 2.7 today

16. big soft moose

No writing tonight - but I had a play with the cover for Day of the eagle - not finished yet I hasten to add (I'm principally messing about with masks getting the light right on the spitfire) - plenty of time this isn't getting released til next year... I just fancied a session doing something different

Day of the EAGLElr.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Shenanigator, EFMingo and Stormburn like this.
  17. big soft moose

21435 on WJ so about 800 words tonight (I'm writing an oil spill response plan for work which accounted for about 3k words earlier hence the short session today)

18. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Contributor Contributor

If I look at the reflections on waves, it looks like if sun was shining and it was quite up in the left side out of the picture.

But if this is Beachy Heads in Easbourne (which it looks like) then the limestone cliff shoulk look more white than silvery/grey if sun is there.

The reflection in the cabin indicates that sun is above the picture. So do the matt reflections on the body of Spit but not in outer wing.

The matt reflection in near wing indicates that sun is in a bit different place than the reflection in glass.

If you want to get it right, you might need to touch the picture also.

19. big soft moose

In the uncropped background picture the sun is in the upper mid left, and the cliffs and waves etc are part of one unedited picture so the cliffs are the colour they are for the sun in that position

The Spit itself is from a different picture but only one so the reflections in the various parts of the spit are necessarily consistent since they are from one shot (where the sun is above the spit again at upper left), it is not possible for the sun to be in a different place between the reflections in glass and body since these are actual reflections from a single photo not created effects

EOTD I want it to look decent but the average reader isn't going to engage in that level of analysis because they are looking for a book to read not detailed photo critique

Shenanigator likes this.
  20. big soft moose

22874 in WJ - about 1400 words tonight

21. big soft moose

24083 in WJ about 1200 words tonight

Shenanigator likes this.
  22. big soft moose

26,856 in WJ so 2.7k tonight

23. big soft moose

Did the uploads and associated bollocks for both Alphadog and Mister Atkins today - so they should both be live on all platforms by about Tuesday. Also submitted a bunch of Kobo promo requests so we shall see which of those get approved.

24. big soft moose

28237 in WJ tonight - so about 1.4k

25. big soft moose

Self edit on Broken promises and Missing Parts complete , those have gone to the proofreader.

TWErvin2 and Shenanigator like this.