1. Rawiya

Rawiya New Member

Oh no!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rawiya, Jul 26, 2008.

For the past couple weeks, I've been in the process of moving and it seems that I have misplaced my book of the hard copies of everything I have written since middle school AND all of my favorite short stories and poems (by other writers).

*cry*

Thank goodness I've found you guys or I wouldn't have anything interesting to read!

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Owww, I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your book. I am sure that it will turn up somewhere sooner or later ... things just get lost in the jumble.

3. Rawiya

Rawiya New Member

I hope so...problem is that there's so much jumble to unpack!

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Aye ... it wasn't too bad when we bought our house as all of our belongings were crammed into three suitacses and 11 cardboard boxes. That's all we took with us.

5. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

i remember when there was a fire in my house about a year ago. my father made everyone get out while he went back in to extinguish it. As i was outside i thought of all my writings and how precious they were to me. i quickly dashed in and out to get them having found my father also removed his golf clubs:D. the fire wasnt too serious. it only ended up partially damaging the kitchen but had i lost my sacred papers i would not be able to breathe...i cant imagine being without them. i sincerely hope you find them Rawiya:)

6. Rawiya

Rawiya New Member

That happened to my boyfriend, except pretty much everything in the house was destroyed...his files AND his computer. Fortunately (I guess), he hadn't done much writing before then, so it wasn't too much of a loss. But still...any writing, good or bad is like a child and you don't want to see it gone.

Update though...found some folders with rough drafts! Yay!

7. skip slocum

skip slocum New Member

it's in the apple box labeled with a green crayon, '-Take this one first-'

8. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

I've done this during two moves. Terrible feeling, but then after about 6 months I forget about it and have enough new stuff that I can move on. Also, digital backups help.

9. Rawiya

Rawiya New Member

You see, its old stuff from when I didn't have a computer nor access to the internet. There was no way to get digital backups. Even after I got a computer I never had time to get them in a file. And then there's that temptation to rewrite them.

10. cargirl86

cargirl86 New Member

Oh, no. :-(

Hopefully you recover everything ... moving is frustrating enough, and then for (important) things to get lost in the mix? Torture.