1. SB108

SB108 New Member

I'm turning 21 tomorrow. Don't say it!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SB108, Sep 1, 2007.

I'm not happy about it. I feel old. Bring on the walking frames and slippers, cause I feel like my life is almost over. :mad:

I know, it's one of those milestones, and I should be proud to have made it this far, but it makes me think that maybe if I had tried a little harder, paid attention more I'd not have missed out on so much.

I feel like I've stuffed up every goal I've set for myself, and now theres no point having more. I can't stop thinking about, pining for my past to come back.

What am I gonna do guys?!

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Ok, I'm 26 and your making me feel old.

The only advice I can offer is make some more goals for the next year, and succeed at them. Put all of your effort into it. You're 21, your adult life is just beginning.
    Thinking your old and ready for the retirement home is silly. Although understandable. I felt the same way at 25 for a week.
    Good luck.

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Er... build a bridge and get over it??? lmao. Sry, didn't mean to sound mean or rude, but your 21! It's great! and in no way is that old! Come off it mate! Your only as old as you feel or until you reach 100; that is old!

But 21 is like, party! It's something to celebrate!

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAHAHAHAAA!

hope you have a good one though. And a happy day with cake!

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm 54, so I can't help laughing. If you dread your birthdays because they make you feel like you're getting older, you're missing out on living the moment.

Consider he alternative to getting older.

I'd rather be over the hill than under it. Carpe diem!

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Lol.

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I know a lot of people who have felt this way, but look for a positive thing about turning 21. I know it is daunting as you are now a young adult and your life has taken on a new direction in a sense and you have to begin to start looking to the rest of your life now.
    But turning 21 doesn't mean the end of the world. It just means you are another year wiser, and another year that you have spent getting to know yourself and those around you.
    Everyday of your life is something to celebrate. I know that we all hit rough patches in our lives but we all bounce back from them too.
    I am only two years older than yourself and my brother would be 21 this year and had his life pretty much mappedout and mine was mapped out the moment I fell pregnant.
    But the thing is that we make our own paths to follow. No one is goign to stand there and say "Ok do this and life will be perfect" cause that is bull****!!!
    Life is hard no matter what age and don't ever regret the things that you haven't done as you can still do them. Nothing stops us from reching the stars except ourselves.
    I look back at my past and remember how much fun I used to have and miss it at times, then I look at where I was heading and where I have become and feel relieved that I made it this far.
    Don't give up on your goal. Heck I haven't given up on mine and I know have two kids to content with.
    Life is not going to get easier for you from here on, it will get harder and more demanding on you every day. But that is the beauty of it all. Facing the challenges that lay before you.
    Live for tomorrow, don't dwell in the past. Think about the things that you wanted to do last year or the year before and make them obtainable, don't just give up altogether.
    If you want to reach the stars you will! You just have to believe in yourself and you can do anything that you set your heart on. The past is the past and cannot be changed. Tommorrow is the future and isn't decided yet!!

Torana :)

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Look, I know life is mega hard and crap at times, and trust me, I want to re-do a few things that I've done and if I had teh chance, I would go back and tell myself to do certain stuff to make me better, but it's not going to change who I've turned out to be.

I mean, unless your suffering from something medically terminal, turning twenty one is nothing compared to what is coming your way. Life is what you make it, sure you can regret a hell of a lot of stuff, but it's what you do afterwards that count.

8. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Oh come on! 21 is no age to feel sulky at. Like everyone as said, years don't make you old, it's yourself. Cogito's 54 and he's living like a 15 year old! Don't fret, be happy with the years you've passed and what lies ahead. Every age has it's blessings; learn to be contended.

9. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

gettting olders just a part of life, and turning 21 is one of those b-days alot of us look forward to because, well, until then u r not really considered important to other adults and not worth listening to, they see u as a kid up until then. be glad ur turning 21, i am only like 15 and a half and i have a long ways until im 21 and i am envying u rite now

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

don't fret it yet, sb!... i'l be 69 in less than two weeks and goals are still setting themselves in front of me [i never set any for myself, having divested myself of 'self' years ago] ... you don't have to do it, either... just pay attention to what drops in your lap and 'let be'...

fyi, when i was about to turn the big 3-0, i thought i should be depressed or something, since such a big thing was made over that milestone by others... and i was newly divorced, living on my own with 5 little stairstep rug rats and no visible means of support, so it was a major deal... i thought...

then, i looked in the mirror on 'the day' and decided that since i didn't look 30 and didn't feel 30, i might as well go ahead and have a birthday... and i've been having them painlessly, ever since!

so, stop being silly about it and just go have a happy birthday!!!

love and extra hugs, maia