1. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Banned

The Musical Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lone_Wolf, Apr 12, 2017.

Anime, movies, TV shows, video games, what about musicals? Has anyone even made this thread yet? Is there anyone here who likes musicals? If so, what are your favorites? Which do you recommend? Talk about it!

The most recent musicals I listened to are Hamilton and Heathers. I actually listened to the Heathers musical first before I saw the movie, and I can say that I love them both! I recommend it! Hamilton, everyone knows Hamilton, but if you haven't heard or listened to it, I highly recommend it too! Other musical favorites include Rent, Wicked, Rocky Horror Show, and more

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Haven't thought of Rocky Horror in a long time. There used to be a theater back home that played it every Saturday for like 10 years running. I had a bunch of friends that acted in it. This would have been 1997-98 or so. Do art houses still show it with the alternate performances and audience participation?

3. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Banned

I have no idea. All I know is that they still have midnight showings of the film lol

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    REPO: The Genetic Opera.

5. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

Hair

matwoolf likes this.
  6. Bobby Burrows

More Hair..

7. Bobby Burrows

Jesus Christ Superstar

matwoolf likes this.
  8. Bobby Burrows

Tommy

9. Bobby Burrows

I wonder if 8 Mile (2002) was a musical.

10. Bobby Burrows

Rob Zombie Presents: The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009) Rob Zombie put out had so much music in it, the whole plot was very much so my sense of humour back then, and even though it's 2019, some songs I still like -

11. Daphne Thissen

Daphne Thissen New Member

MUSICAAAAAALSSSSSSS

Yes! I love musicals. I got into it late though, and I'm Dutch so all the musicals are in Dutch, which means the songs are also translated and that's a big no for me. But I love RENT; have the movie version and watch it regularly. Love Mamma Mia, but that's also because of a love for ABBA.

My biggest wish is to see Wicked; I love the soundtrack. Phantom of the Opera. Also Hamilton, obviously. I wonder what has caused it's immense success? Is it a rise in musical appreciation, or has the appreciation for musicals risen because of Hamilton's popularity?
    My favorite? The Greatest Showman. The songs are just absolutely wonderful and it really was the greatest show.

Special mention for the musical episode of Flash/Supergirl. Jesse L. Martin, Victor Garber, John Barrowman. And the "rookies"; Jeremy Jordan, Melissa Benoist, Darren Criss. Also the original song at the end, written by the geniuses behind The Greatest Showman. Yeah, that episode has a place in my heart.