?

Do you think that my plot make a good game~?

1. Yes~!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maybe not~

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. YoutaFujimoto

YoutaFujimoto New Member

HELP NEEDED~! I require feedback/critique on the story line to my JRPG game~! =^-^=

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by YoutaFujimoto, Mar 14, 2017.

Hello people~! ^.^ I am quite new to writing * Especially writing full stories in English~! * and some people enjoy my characters / stories and would like for me to make a game about it~!! - ^w^ SO I have been thinking about it and here is the draft plot so far~!! (‘ω‘ )
    If you're curious about my character work so far, here's my DeviantArt account~! ~ヾ(^∇^) http://youtafujimoto.deviantart.com/

Game name: Recall
    Protagonist: Kyo Akimoto
    A game about how positive emotions can beat negative emotions~!

Story

Kyo is a psychic boy who can learn magical abilities and is immune to the fatal distortive effect of alternate worlds. As such, he wakes up in another world but with no memory of how he got there.

Kyo later learns that his albino twin brother, Kotaro is missing! ヾ(´▽`;)

The inhabitants of this world are cute, semi alien, semi ghost magical species called 'spectres'. They are wary of Kyo and some will try to attack him. Kyo wakes up near an ancient Japanese styled house/centre.

A bunny/turtle like spectre attacks Kyo mistaking him for a wraith and apologizes, he takes Kyo to a fairy forest to get potions from the fairies there.

Kyo first meets a fairy named Tsubasa. Tsubasa tells Kyo he isn't like the other fairies and helps him.
    Once Kyo gets the potion, Tsubasa will ask Kyo to get a special gem located in the forest. When Kyo gets this gem, Tsubasa will join Kyo as a party member. He's pretty weak though but he will help with random encounters a little.

The battles are like JRPG style but there's a bar, depending on how tough the enemy is the bar will slide faster. Kyo needs to hit the enemy at a certain point, if the slider goes to the right he will miss and the enemy will attack.

The spectres eventually see Kyo as a kind of 'deity' because of his immunity to negative energy and respect him.

There's a psychic girl who came into the world long ago but she was unable to go back. She easily succumbed to negative emotions, which lowered her ability, so she took a monsterous form creating a sub realm in itself known as the 'abomination world', which still affects the normal world by causing monsters to appear as reality gets torn apart by the contrast in emotive energy.

The negative emotions cause distorted spectres called 'wraiths' to appear.

Kyo needs to find a number of 'diodes' that are found in dungeons or temples to power up a circle of magic stones that can take him into the sub realm, which was formerly an ancient teleporter that had gotten distorted by Kyoto, and now sends him off into the abomination world. After Kyoto used the diodes to distort the space time, sages ended up hiding the diodes in special areas, so that Kyoto couldn't return and so spectral beings didn't kill themselves by using it, since the abomination world would kill spectral beings in mere seconds, being overcome by the dark energy which spectral beings are extremely sensitive to.

The diodes themselves are based on the Zodiac animals, and represent different positive aspects such as: Ram of Nuture, Prosperity, kinship, etc.

The psychic girl, named Kyoto, has ended (or severely distorted) the world several times using the obsidian machine (which is powered by extreme emotions, either positive or negative) but YamiYang (a powerful old magician like being) was able to reverse time however he could not change it despite his attempts, as negative energy is incompatible with spectral beings. Kyoto uses Kyo's brother, who is also psychic, to power a machine that holds the integrity of the universe together. When Kyo meets up with his brother Kotaro, Kyoto mentions that the concern for each other helped to power the machine. Kyoto is also distorting spectre's hearts to make them become wraiths, weaponizing them so she can use them to destroy things and spread sadness across dimensions.

The obsidian machine was built by ancient sages and its original use was to communicate with different dimensions. The obsidian machine can take the form of a bird like creature when it senses chaos, but Kyoto trapped it taking it along with her to the abomination world.

Kyoto takes the diode pendant Kyo has and uses it to transform herself and merge with YamiYang, the ''friend who betrayed'' her. She once again creates a sub realm for the boss fight, which has a trippy demonic background (complimenting the demonic dragon like form she and YamiYang take on) Kyoto decides she's had enough and will destroy all of reality (making it only habitable to her and wraiths, then traversing the merged realities to bring despair) because it isn't good enough for her.

Eventually though, Kyo's bravery and positive energy overcomes her negative energy, and the obsidian machine ends up destroying her, then vanishing.

YamiYang was not totally destroyed, because he had a lot more positive energy than Kyoto had. He takes a form similar to that of the obsidian machine which is a bird like form. YamiYang's ability was tied to the machine, which is why he could reverse time, however in this timeline where Kyo wins over Kyoto, YamiYang became the predecessor of it. He decides to remain at the site where Kyoto fell and returns to that area in the normal/light world. The area where Kyoto was defeated is marked by a rune.

The resulting bird like being has both traits of 'Yami' and the positive energy that Kyo donated to parts of Kyoto through his sheer will. Though YamiYang appeared male throughout the game the bird like 'Yamiyoto' is distinctively female. Basically both Kyoto and YamiYang aren't really dead, they just united as one magical being.

Now that the time loop is finally ended, Kyo and his brother are able to go back home and no longer has psychic powers.

Yamiyoto mentions that she remembers the events Kyo made, so the world shall remain in prosperity. She mentions though, that the world shall become chaotic again if she ever forgets the events that stopped the chaos. She implies this can be done by deleting the save file to start a new game.

Basically it's about positive emotions being magical things and being able to overcome negative emotion energy~ (^▽^) The game's tone is bright and cheery up till the final point but I'm also aiming for a colourful psychedelic dream like tone as well~ = ^.^ =

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  2. YoutaFujimoto

YoutaFujimoto New Member

If you want lil bits explained further I will~ ^-^

3. JE Loddon

JE Loddon Active Member

Hi. I just have a couple of things.
    1 - I think it needs to be clear why Kyo has taken on the burden of the quest. Is it to find his brother? Is it to get back to his own world? Or is it because he's just a good person, and wants to help?
    2- There are too many names that start with K, and have O in. That might sound silly, but people get confused when names are similar. Names need to be more different from each other when possible.

It sounds good though. A lot of JRPG's have confusing stories, but this seems simple enough to understand, whilst still involving a deep story.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

The problem is that plots are ten-a-penny.

It's the way that you write it that makes it good/bad/yours.

5. YoutaFujimoto

YoutaFujimoto New Member

Hello and thank you for reading through my draft~! ^-^
    I'm thinking Kyo wants to find his brother, and also get back to his own world. He's a good person but I'm trying to make it so you can also end up the bad guy (for example if you kill off too many normal spectres to get more EXP points, you also obtain 'darkness' and the plot will change, Kyo's good heart will become distorted, or something along those lines, causing him to kill his brother and get overpowered by Kyoto since darkness on darkness is like fire with fire~ hopefully I can program that into the game cause different endings add to replay value which is something I cherish in a game~)

I'm a big fan of the Mother series and also Zelda *Link to the Past* so it's probably going to have slight vibes from those two games in terms of its story and tone~ X3
    I just noticed that now that you've pointed it out~! *About the names, that is!* I'll change some of them later on!

JE Loddon likes this.
  6. YoutaFujimoto

YoutaFujimoto New Member

Yes of course~!! Execution is very important in terms of a synopsis, so that part's going to be all on me~
    But you need a good plot and good execution to get a good game~ ^-^

7. YoutaFujimoto

YoutaFujimoto New Member

What are your thoughts on the 'darkness' mechanic and the different endings~?