1. kev_the_man

kev_the_man Member

My first journal need advice

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by kev_the_man, Jan 7, 2017.

26 and i want to start my 1st journal the thing is i want it to be me show the true me good and bad but then again i want it to be my legacy to if something bad was to happen to me and i passed before my mum and dad it would be a part of me for them and the family so what should i do be honest enough share all my feelings it wont matter if im not there but then again maybe one day when there old i might want to share it with them but i suppose i could pick the parts i need advice lol thank u

2. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

Just open a document on your computer and write. And punctuation also helps quite a bit for the sake of reader comprehension.

3. writemare

writemare Member

What ever you do be truthfully and honest and up to date.

4. Shivam rastogi

Shivam rastogi New Member

Hi! I am new here and this caught up my eye. I have also been researching on starting a journal and type of content to put in there. I feel that a journal is a very intimate and personal thing, so you should always be true to yourself.
    If you will focus on creating a legacy you might end up putting in things that are not you.
    I see a journal as more than a legacy, it is a collection of your thoughts so that you do not keep on repeating similar ideas in your head. It will give you more clarity and show what kind of person you are, but you have to be true to yourself.

Anyway, you can try adding some gratitude. Take a few minutes to write about what you are grateful about in this life, this can be a small thing too. Like wind on your face, or a bird chirping in the garden. Some bigger things like family or something good that happened to you today. The idea is to always write about something you celebrate and enjoy in this life, and then continuing with the problems and issues you are facing.

5. Shivam rastogi

Shivam rastogi New Member

I agree with you to just write what comes to the mind. Sometimes I feel consciously thinking about a small good thing in the whole day changes our attitude and mood. I tend to write only about the bad things and difficult situations. So I make it a habit writing good things and then write whatever comes to my mind.