Tags:
  1. Benno79

Benno79 New Member

My first novel

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Benno79, May 10, 2017.

Hey guys, I'm a new member here. After several years of writing for country music and Italian football magazines/websites, I decided that it was time I did something worthwhile. A few months ago I started work on my first novel (a lifelong ambition of mine). Having always had a fascination of anything mafia/mob related, it was always going to be a crime novel. About halfway through now, I have a couple of literary agents interested in my project. It's a fictional account of the mob set in my favourite Italian city of Verona although I'm no Mario Puzo and it's definitely never going to be 'The Godfather'. My question is, are there many people out there willing to read this kind of novel?

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I can't imagine the literary agents being interested if they didn't think there would be readers. Is there a reason you don't feel confident trusting the agents' opinions?

3. ELeFloch

ELeFloch Member

It sounds interesting! I would read it, but as BayView said, if you have people interested in it already, then you're on the right track!