Tags:
  1. vangoghsear

vangoghsear New Member

Popped in to peek at poetry

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vangoghsear, Dec 20, 2007.

Popped in to peek at the poetry and decided to stick around a bit.

Usually, I write plays. I've had a short one act published, and had several produced. My latest, an adaptation of a novel to the stage, was produced by a professional theater company this past fall.

I've written a novel (as of yet unpublished), a bunch of poems, skits, puppet shows and song lyrics. Currently, I am putting together a selection of my poems to either submit to a publisher or, if I can't interest a publisher, self publish.

My spelling capability relies very heavily on the computer, and my grammar is so-so, so any help along those lines is appreciated. :)

Thanks guys, see you all around the site.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Van Gogh's Ear (sounds rather detached...), Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Writing Workshops, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Writing Workshops, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Writing Workshops on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just bulletin boards for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

hahahaa! Well, VanGogh, welcome to the long line of obvious puns from our darling Cogito. :p

I'm Heather and can normally be found around here and if you ever like a review, want a chat or need some help then send a PM my way and I'll see what I can do. Hope to see you around
    Heather

4. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums :) Hope you stick around.

5. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome here, usually hardcore writers don't stick around due to busy schedules but I hope you'd stay for a while...
    Anyhow, I hope you like it here, and don't let the bumble bees get to you.

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello vangoghsear, and a big warm welcome to WF.org, the friendliest and craziest forum on the world wide web.
    It is wonderful that you have come here to join us and share your writing and opinions with all of us.
    If you would ever like a review simply PM myself or one of the other Reviewers and we will be more than happy to help out. You can find the list of reviewers by clicking on the Forum Leaders button at the bottom of the forum. :)
    I do hope that your stay with us is long and prosperous. :)
    Welcome aboard and I look forward to seeing you around the boards in the very near future.

Thank you kindly

Torana