1. C.F. Boehlke

C.F. Boehlke Member

It's Feeling Like Home Already!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by C.F. Boehlke, Jul 24, 2017.

Hello all,

Thank you for having me! I am a writer and aspiring author who has been working on her first novel off and on for about 6 years. Yes, I know that is far too long, but better to finish than to never finish at all, right?

I am from the United States and work in education. My dad passed away about a year and a half ago and I promised him that I would finish my book. I intend for it to be the first of many that I will write. I am married and have 2 pit bulls, as well as a wonderful family.

In a couple of sentences, my book is about a young woman who is in a coma and discovers an alternative realm called Elsewhere. After she comes to terms with being there and meets a few special people along the way, Elsewhere and all of those within are threatened, motivating her to rise up in their defense, despite the ticking clock that accompanies her life support back home.

That is a really brief, mediocre description of my work, but I thought I'd share a little bit about it as I introduced myself.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

C.F. Boehlke

Trish, Moon and BayView like this.
  2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

It's nice to meet you!

And I'm pretty sure we have some other members who've been working on their books for at least as long as you, so, you're right - you should feel at home.

C.F. Boehlke likes this.
  3. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Welcome, welcome! A pleasure to meet you.

Enjoy your time here, CF.

4. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Welcome to the forum! I lost my father a little over a year ago as well. I am sorry for your loss.

I look forward to seeing your work!:supersmile:

5. C.F. Boehlke

C.F. Boehlke Member

Thank you! It's nice to meet you too!

6. C.F. Boehlke

C.F. Boehlke Member

Thank you! The pleasure is all mine!

7. C.F. Boehlke

C.F. Boehlke Member

Thank you, Trish! I'm really sorry to hear about your father and I'm sorry for your loss, as well.

Trish likes this.