1. Da Vinci 2426

Da Vinci 2426 New Member

my plot idea

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Da Vinci 2426, May 29, 2008.

I thought of this plot a couple of weeks ago. I never really had any time to sit down and expand on it but I have a basis for it. Anyones advice would be greatly appreciated. If you have to be harsh go ahead, I'm new at wring and I'm only trying to improve.

This is my idea so far...

The story will revolve around the main character (no name yet) who has a really bad habit with various drugs. In his younger years, he always had the dream of becoming a writer, and he had amazing talent. The reason he gave up on that dream is because he got caught with drugs in high school and his name was forever tainted. My plan was to reveal how his dream got shattered in a series of flashbacks throughout the story. Growing up with nothing, his only way to make money was to sell drugs and he had a horrible police record. The antagonist, is a dirty cop, and he is a well respected officer.(also unamed). Him and his partner commit a murder and need someone to frame so they decide to frame our main character. I still have no idea how to formulate the whole frame situation but im working on it. Since the officer is so respected, nobody believes that our main character is innocent. I'm kind of still brainstorming the whole middle of the story. My idea for an ending is he is found guilty and faces the death penalty, but at the end the reader finds out that the main character secretly has been wrting a book for a long time, his life story, and he gives it to his lawyer to do his best to get it published for him after his death. The book gets published and our main character becomes known worldwide for his devastating life story and his death. So even though he died, he achieved his life goal of becoming a writer.

There's alot of things that do not connect easily so I have alot of work to do, I just want to know if it's a good idea or not

Thoughts....?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

virtually any idea can make a good book, if it's written well... what you propose is not my cup of tea, but i don't see why it wouldn't work, if you have the requisite talent and skills...

3. Da Vinci 2426

Da Vinci 2426 New Member

Thanks for the feedback

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Maia beat me to it this time. Exactly what I was about to say.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ta-dah!... is that a first, coggie?

the huge time gap is what makes me lag behind all the time, but you do save me a lot of typing! ;-)

love 'n hugs, m

6. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

I love the idea!
    Just one suggestion: you might want to hint that he's writing a book throughout the story. Just so that when you tell you tell the reader that he's written a book, it doesn't come off as too sudden and too blunt.