1. Steph4136

Steph4136 New Member

Why am I getting emails for subscribed threads when I'm not subscribed to any?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Steph4136, Jul 10, 2012.

The thread title asks it all. I keep on getting numerous emails from the site saying that so and so replied to a thread I've subscribed to, but I'm not subscribed to any threads. The email notifications are coming in for threads that haven't been posted in for days, too.

Also, when it first started, I checked my settings and saw that for some reason a bunch of threads did get subscribed to, even though I didn't subscribe to any. Now with that it could have been my toddler, who got at my computer the other day when the tab was open to this page (website) and clicked something by mistake. But I doubt she did that for the twenty or so threads I was suddenly subscribed to.

I double checked today that nothing was subscribed to and couldn't find anything else in my settings. Any advice? It's weird for the site to be sending me notifications like that, not sure if it's something on the back end someone can check for me? Maybe for some reason in the 'browsing options' in the 'automatic thread subscription mode' something is clicked and that's why it keeps on happening.

Thanks!

2. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Alive in the Superunknown

In the upper right-hand corner you'll see the "settings" button. Click on it.

On the next page, you will see the header "My Settings". Click it.

That will present, on the right side of the page, your General Settings. Under the sub-header "Messaging & Notification", you'll see your "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Select "Through my control panel only" to keep all subscription notices limited to your WF control panel. The other three options all message your e-mail at various intervals.

3. Steph4136

Steph4136 New Member

Thank you, it's been driving me crazy. I can't believe I didn't see this when I looked earlier too. And I looked more than once. :rolleyes:

4. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Alive in the Superunknown

NP, glad to help.

5. GoldenGhost

GoldenGhost Senior Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I did exactly what Thump suggested, and I am still receiving e-mails. What's the problem?

6. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I had that setting also, but occasionally I still get subscribed to threads I've commented in. I'm assuming it's just a glitch somewhere - I go in and unsubscribe and that's it.