1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. MeWriter

MeWriter Member

My progress

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by MeWriter, May 11, 2015.

Hello everyone!

I was thinking of making my progress journal, so I can easily stay motivated for my story which I am working on.

My work in progress is currently over 18.000 words in, so that is pretty good. I have to say that I started this story in October last year, then stopped for almost 6 months, and in April I started working on it again. I really hope I am going to stick to my story all the way to the end.

My goals are very simple:
    1. to write at least 300-400 words everyday. But that goal is easy achievable as it seems, because most of the days I am over 500 words, for example two days ago I have written more than 1000 words.
    2. to finish this story no matter what. First draft has to be done.

Today I have already written over 500 words, so technically I am done for today :D But if there will be any time in the evening I will certainly try to squeeze in another chunk of words.

2. MeWriter

MeWriter Member

At the moment I am standing at word count of 21,080 words. I am happy that I am keep going and going. There were too many times in the past when I simply just gave up after a couple of weeks of writing, so I am satisfied with the way I am going recently.

I am planning to write something in the evening, so I should be close to 22,000 words by the end of the day.

3. MeWriter

MeWriter Member

Two weeks passed by and I am at 28,676 words. I am planning to finish first draft somewhere in July.