Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanette777

Lanette777 New Member

name suggestions for a flirtatious, glamorous female character

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Lanette777, Nov 11, 2019.

I'm doing NaNoWriMo right now and one of my female MC's eventual best friends is an endlessly flirtatious, beautiful woman. I dislike the dichotomy of "pure" vs. "sl*tty" female characters, hence the existence of this character. She gets around, as they say, but it doesn't define her as a person. She's really a loyal, kind friend and is also highly intelligent. (Also trying to dispel the weird myth that feminine beauty = she's stupid.)

She's probably going to be of East Asian ethnicity (the specific ethnic group, I'm still not sure), but I'm looking for Western forename suggestions, as she grew up in England. (It's not necessary for her to have a Western name if she was raised in the West, but it's super common. I'm Asian-British myself, so I speak from experience.)

I considered names like "Amy," but felt those were too on-the-nose and cliched for an effervescent girly girl type of character. She has various aesthetic inspirations, but all the ones I picked are pretty tall stunners (5'6" to 5'8") like the actress below (Park Sooyoung). This is not exactly, 100% what the character looks like in my head, but she looks similar. Tall, lovely, full lips, flowing dark hair.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please, please, please no sarcastic responses. If you can't think of good name suggestions or don't want to, there's no need to respond to this.

Tralala likes this.
  2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Dominique.

Tralala likes this.
  3. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Assuming the story is set in the present day, her name could be Gina, but everybody calls her OMGina.

Tralala likes this.
  4. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

• Briony, Carmen, Charlie, Gigi, Jade, Lila, Leighton, Ruby, Simone, Sutton.
    • Whenever I think of beautiful women I think of slightly eclectic, exotic names probably due to Cassandra Rawlins in Young and The Restless - the character haunted my work for years when I was a teenager.

Tralala likes this.
  5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

really she could have any name... you could even name her Ethel or Mildred and have her rebelling against the stereotype by being a glamorous sexbomb.

The what should i call xyz character question comes up a lot, and its always the same answer, call them anything you like

Tralala likes this.
  6. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Don't tempt me with a good time.

The_Joker and Tralala like this.
  7. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Tralala

I'm not joking!

8. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

East Asian, you say? How about Tsukie.

Pronounced Suckee.

Tralala likes this.
  9. Lanette777

Lanette777 New Member

I don't know what I've done to deserve this. I asked for decent answers earnestly. I'm actually on the verge of crying right now. I'm autistic and just want to write. I know that you people have no conscience and think you're all so funny, and you will probably make laughingstock of me after this. That's fine. I'm used to it. But I asked for simple, goddamn name suggestions earnestly. And this is what you give me. I'd heard this forum was a good one where writers supported each other and provided resources for each other. It turns out this is a place where, no matter what you do, people will ridicule you for utterly no reason. I'm a TEENAGER, for God's sake. A depressed, autistic teenager who just wanted some NAMES. I'm actually crying right now, and the worst part is, none of you will feel any semblance of guilt or shame for crossing lines for no valid reason. Are your jokes even funny? The least you could do when you bully an autistic teenager who asked for some names, earnestly, is make some actually funny jokes.

10. Lanette777

Lanette777 New Member

Go fuck yourself.

11. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

Lanette, I wasn't joking.

Tralala is a great character name.

She's the main female character in the American novel, Last Exit to Brooklyn.

I'm so sorry you're upset.

Please don't cry.

12. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

And that has earned you a week off - no one speaks to another member like that on this site ... being autistic, depressed, or a teenager is no excuse

:closed:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.