1. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

Name that Movie(or series)!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by J.T. Woody, Mar 26, 2021.

You watch a good series or a movie and you remember the plot, but cant remember the name.
    Happens all the time (to me at least).

Lets put our heads together!

I'll start us off below

2. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

Korean movie:

Saw it early one morning on netflix.

Plot: centers around a little boy (under 10years old). He has an alcoholic and abusive father who gambles away their money. His father brings home a sketchy woman he bought and tells the boy "this is your new mom".
    The woman wants nothing to do with the boy and the boy doesnt want her as a mom.
    She seems to be a druggy because the boy finds her needles.
    The father beats her and sexually abuses her but he always pays her which is what she wants.
    But when he hits the kid, is when she steps in.
    After that, she and thw boy grow close. She teaches him what to do if the dad gets violent. She takes him to school. She helps him with homework. She essentially becomes his mom and they love eachother.
    Until the dad finds her money stash and gambles it away. Come to find out, she had an illness and the money was for her medicine (the needles), and without it, she slowly dies.
    But not before teaching the boy valuable life lessons

3. Malum

Malum Offline

Haven't seen it but sounds like something between Audition and Visitor Q. Maybe associated with those on IMDB. I feel like Randy in the Scream movies sometimes, would be interested to know...

J.T. Woody likes this.
  4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Another way to approach it is to look up trailers for similar movies (or whatever) on YouTube and look through the recommendations. I just joined the Turner Classic Movies message board to try to find the name of a movie I saw in childhood and got little to no help from people there, but the one suggestion I did get, though it was wrong, spurred me to look at trailers for movies featuring war games and within about 10 minutes I had found it.

The funny thing is, the way I described the movie was to keep saying it had a comedic tone similar to The Dirty Dozen, but it wasn't that movie. Turns out it actually WAS! I had completely forgotten there was a war games scenario near the beginning of it.