1. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Atlantians Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by naturemage, May 30, 2012.

Please post all OOC, discussions, questions, and APPROVED character templates here.

2. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Name: Monsoon

Family: ??

Appearance: Tall and skinny, his skin has a light blue tint to it, and his ears seem to be flat against the side of his head. It is debatable as to whether or not his eyes ever close, because he usually can keep them open for a very long time. Despite his skinny body, he is decently muscular. His toes are spread out a bit, and he has thin webbing between his toes and fingers.

Typical Clothing/Costume: Monsoon is never seen out in public unless there is a situation. No one is sure if he has a secret civilian identity, or if he hides in his lair when he isn't dealing with trouble. Monsoon wears a helmet of a shark's head, with the mouth open so he can see out the front. He also wears simple, dark blue shorts, but not much else.

Description: Monsoon is all business. He generally hates conversation, doesn't stick around long when he's finished working, and if he does, he is very quiet. He likes to stay focused on the task at hand, and despises those who show off or goof around, though he will not do anything to them unless they truly get in his way.

Occupation: It is unknown whether or not Monsoon has a secret identity. Some believe he may be a lifeguard at one of New Atlantis' pools or beaches.

Hobbies: ??

Superpowers/equipment: Monsoon can control water, which is of great advantage on the island, and especially near the beaches. With this power, he can make water do things it normally wouldn't be able to, such as partially solidify without freezing. He can also transform into water, causing material objects to simply go through him. This also makes him able to grow larger for a limited time, merging himself with bodies of water. He has a shark form, which is a large black shark that swims faster than normal. Finally, Monsoon wields a trident, a beautiful golden weapon that is resistant to scratching.

Extra info: Monsoon has a large lair, deep in an underwater cavern. It has nearly a dozen sleeping quarters, as well as a meeting room, training room, and a large garage for vehicles. Monsoon himself built the lair, hoping to make a group of heroes who would protect New Atlantis from threats. He is now beginning his search for people with powers.

3. Morvane

Morvane New Member

Name:Sue McCormik

Family: Sue has two younger daughters, Kirstyn and Charity. Kirstyn is married with two kids of her own while Charity is too busy to have a family with her marine biologist profession. Sue's husband died the previous year at the age of 72

Appearance: Sue is an older woman with white hair and a smiling face. Some of the younger children like to think she looks like Mrs. Clause. Despite her age, Sue has enough energy and is fit enough to keep up with her garden and her work at the daycare.

Typical Clothing/Costume:She is usually found wearing plaid dresses and a pearl necklace with matching earrings. She wears white nursing shoes and her wedding ring on her right hand. While working in her garden she wears a brown apron and yellow flowered gardening gloves.

Description: Sue is a cheerful woman who very rarely looks down on anything. She is gentle and kind with younger children, sweet and understanding with others. Sue loves anything bright and cheerful and often "toshes" over little things like a dirty nose.

Occupation:Technically, Sue is retired. She used to work as a nuclear researcher with the plant on New Atlantis. However, she couldn't stand not having something to do so she started volunteering at the neighborhood daycare. She still gets letters from time to time from her previous trainees about certain researches and she replies to them to the best of her knowledge.

Hobbies: Sue loves working in her garden and caring for little children. She also like to sew things when she feels like sitting down.

Superpowers/equipment: Sue used to be a normal human being. Due to her previous radiation encounters and the Atlantien power surge she has found that she can control plants. She can make plants grow faster, die, move, change and so on. She finds it very handy in gardening but doesn't use use it for more then that. She often carries a garden trowel with her because the children like her to play with them in the sandbox and she likes to join them.

Extra Info: N/A

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

I'm so excited to get writing on this one. I spent nearly half an hour trying to get my character just right.

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Name: Hugh Killian.
    His villain counterpart is known as Bellphim.

Family: Hugh is unaware of any family he might have.

Appearance: His human disguise is a tall man with a scar over one eye and black hair. His eyes are completely white making him appear blind.

Typical Clothing/Costume: A 3 piece suit in his day to day life.
    Bellphim appears as a black shadow with white eyes and mouth.

Description: personality, style, etc: Hugh likes power and wants Atlantis and the power it holds for himself.

Occupation: Hugh owns Electricorp, Atlantis's main power supplier. He also has a chain of small restraunts.

Hobbies: Hugh enjoys swimming and cooking.

Superpowers/equipment: Bellphim is made of complete darkness, so dark its painful to look at. This form acts a blight on the world, draining the light from the area around him and causing things to rot. His darkness form allows him to control shadow and change shape. His main ability however is to eat souls and store them. This extends his life and allows him to take expend them instead of his own.

Extra info: Bellphim want's to take over Atlantis and using the power from it, the rest of the world.

Time to do some evil.

6. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

Its funny that after nearly a year,I finally understand Mr Mr's Avatar. Cheers

Name: Ruddyman (Alias)
    Family: Ruddy man grew up in the streets of New Atlantis and has an extensive family
    Appearance: A young Caribbean man with a crooked smile. Wears dreadlocks
    Typical Clothing/Cweostume:
    Description: personality, style, etc. Ruddyman is a self style gentleman of the lower Atlantean class. He believes he can single=handedly revive chivalry
    Hobbies:When not running to make a quick buck, he studies Advanced Boilogy, Chemistry, and higher Mechanics
    Superpowers/equipment: Adept Chemist, he makes poisons and hallucinogens to hurt his enemies. Also developing an ability to absorb vast amounts on information on contact.

7. Love to Write

Character Template

Name: Alica Jennings
    Family: Her aunt is her only family. Her mom died when she was seven and her Dad disappeared before she was born. She has a 17 year old picture of him with her mom.

Appearance: Alica has shoulder length brown hair that is slightly curly. She has a small frame but a pleasant smile when she is feeling happy.

Typical Clothing/Costume: Alica's favorite outfit is a light purple shirt and jeans. She does not yet have a costume.

Description: Alica is shy when it comes to people her own age. But if they are at least 5 years younger or older she enjoys their company.

Occupation: Alica works in the afternoons at a day care center and is homeschooled in the morning.

Hobbies: She enjoys playing with children and writing stories.

Superpowers/equipment: She has recently developed the ability to see something happening to a person, she has been in contact with, at the moment it's happening. No matter where they are. It mainly happens when she finds herself thinking about that person.

Extra info:She wants to find her dad more than anything.

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Ok got my first post up. I think that starts off his attack on atlantis nicely.

9. Love to Write

Wowz! That is one scary supervillian.

10. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

@MrMr: dude, that is one sick, twisted, evil guy. He makes the Grinch look like an angel... Its just so... disgusting. I LIKE IT!

11. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Well it seems Hugh is a success.

12. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Name: Darleen “Dara” White

Family: Overprotective and worried Mother and bratty younger sister Charis who is 13. Her Father died unexpectedly last year.

Appearance: Dara stands at about 5’8, with a muscular build and wide hips and large bust. Her long straight black hair is slicked back into a ponytail. Has very distinct facial features, with a set jaw. Her green eyes have flecks of gold in them which she enhances with lots of mascara, eye shadow, and eyeliner. She never goes a day without smiling and laughing.

Typical Clothing/Costume: Wears tight black spandex leggings, with a bright colored low-cut spandex tank top, snug sport jacket, and sneakers. Doesn’t have a snazzy costume yet, but she likes to be practical.

Description: Dara loves adventure, risk, and dares. Fear is not an option. Her family and friends believe she’ll get herself killed before she turns 30, if not sooner. Dara is perky, peppy, and ready to experience the next best thing out there. And, she’ll gladly take whoever wants to join her. If only she could find someway to convince them.

Occupation: She’s currently training to be a skydiving instructor, trying to get closer to the 500 jumps she needs to be qualified. While she’s not training for that, she works at the local gym at the front desk and wherever she’s needed.

Hobbies: Dara will do absolutely anything to get an adrenaline rush: skydiving, bungee jumping, kickboxing, hang gliding, balancing on skyscrapers, jumping off buildings; but it’s never enough for her. She always wants bigger and better. She does enjoy quiet things too, like watching action movies, playing video games, and reading as research to get ideas for her next big event.

Superpowers/equipment: Dara has the ability of elasticity and can stretch, deform, and contract her body. She also can adhere to surfaces, such as walls. She’s basically human silly putty.

Extra info: She’s done drugs and alcohol before to try the buzz, but prefers living in the moment, rather than a hallucinating daze. She owns a motorcycle, but mostly gets around on foot. She’s also a night owl. So much happens when people are supposed to be sleeping.

Can't wait! :)

13. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I plan to add a character, still thinking of ideas :)

14. Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson New Member

Name: Piper Laufeyson

Family: None in New Atlantis.

Appearance: Tall for a female, Piper reaches a cool height of 5'11. She has short, light brown hair and eyes that appear to be either blue or green. She has an athletic figure, with an hourglass shaped body and average looks.

Typical Clothing/Costume: Piper wears her work clothes all the time, since her work is an all the time job. Black slacks with a button up blouse and a black jacket are her style choice. When she is not wearing those, it's usually jeans and a t-shirt of some kind, Piper is very laid back when it comes to fashion. She always wears the same shoes though, red converse high-tops.

Description: Piper is very professional, and she hates showing her emotions. Anything she shows, is false. False anger, happiness, sadness, anything like that. It's fake because really, she tries not to feel anything at all. She is usually seen as cold in a way, and calculating, being very smart. Piper can connect the dots well, and had a knack for noticing things that others don't, like the minuscule behaviors of human beings.

Hobbies: Work, Reading, Staying Occupied, Solving Crime. Piper does not do much else but work, though she has a love for reading, and archery.

Superpowers/equipment: Piper carries the standard issue Glock 17 handgun, as well as her own revolver that she keeps on her person.

Extra info:

15. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

I have a feeling this is going to be an amazing RPG! :D

Also, just wanted to let you guys know I'll be away until Monday, but I can't wait to see what happens next.

Until then,
    Jess

16. Yoshi<3

Yoshi<3 New Member

Character Template

Name: Stacy
    Family:None, was abandoned at birth, has since shied away from close relationships due to distrust, and sense that she cannot rely on anyone but herself.
    Appearance: True identity unknown to others due to ability. However, she stands about 5'9, with long golden brown hair, that is black at the tips. Olive complexion, with piercing green eyes.
    Typical Clothing/Costume: knee high boots, with long jeans and a form fitting teeshirt.
    Description: personality, style, etc.- Loner, prefers to be quiet to gather information about surrounding, very smart and witty
    Occupation: (aside from hero)- Medical examiner/forensic scientist
    Hobbies:reading, drawing
    Superpowers/equipment: (if applicable) ability to change forms to take on identity of others, although not a true identity of someone, but rather the ability to morph into other human forms, like taking a collective of many into one to form new identity.
    Extra info: (such as info on your home planet, if not from Earth)

17. Love to Write

So far its 3 guys and 5 gals, :) We need more guy players! *HELLOOOO!!! Any other guys out there?* :p

18. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Name: George Riza/ DaVinci
    Family: A mother and father, and an older sister, Tasha, 28
    Appearance: George is a pretty scrawny young man, with very little muscle on him. He spends most of his time inside, so his skin is very pale. He has light brown hair, and wears thick glasses that he wears all the time.
    Typical Clothing/Costume: George usually wears dressy casual clothing, with button up shirts and pants. His costume is a multi-colored one piece suit that covers his entire body, with the different colors swirling around everywhere. He has a utility belt complete with brushes, pencils, etc. There is also a lot of patches on the suit as well, of which DaVinci can bring forth materials like paper, cloth, etc.
    Description: George is a studious type of person, and is usually at a computer. He does a lot of doodling in his free time.
    Hobbies: George enjoys looking at puzzles a lot, constantly looking in depth at different things.
    Powers/Equipment: DaVinci has a variety of artsy powers, as he can draw different objects and such in the air with the variety of tools on his belt. He also uses the pencils as weapons. He is also very good with codes, and has the ability to crack codes and puzzles very easily.
    Extra info: N/A

19. Loki Laufeyson

I'm kinda new to this whole roleplaying thing on this site, I've roleplayed on other before, so I was wondering if there was a certain way we roleplay here. Do we take turns? Or what.

20. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Well, its sort of turn based. I mean, there's no set turn order, but you sort of go whenever it makes sense for your character to go next. Right now, there isn't any interaction going on between characters, but once there is interaction, the characters will go back and forth. It will become easier to make sense of the turns as we get further into the game.
    If you want to get a clearer picture of turns, check out The Orb of Pyritus game, and you can get a sense of how interactions go.

21. Loki Laufeyson

Ah, thank you. I want to tread carefully here because this forums is a lot more organised than the other I am on and obviously needs a higher quality to posts.

22. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Changed my character. I had originally had the concept that is up now, but I forgot about it (because I didn't put it up when it was in my head), but just remembered it randomly. Looking forward to the color in the skies!

23. Love to Write

I'm waiting on Morvane.

24. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Hey everyone, for future posts, could you put your hero names in the title as well. Such as my post as such:

George Riza/ DaVinci

If your character is not a superhero, no need to worry. If they are, and don't have a superhero identity yet, you can wait until they gain one.

25. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

WF is really pissing me off right now. I can't send PMs. Keep getting a blank white page when I click "send" or "preview." It's been doing this for over an hour now. I've tried logging out. I've cleared my internet cache. I even restarted the browser. White page every time.

Have no fear. AnonyMouse is coming, guys, he just has to fist-fight the internet first... :mad:

EDIT: Nearly ten hours later and still no luck. I've tried different browsers. I've tried other computers. It's definitely a problem on the site's end. Why it is so strongly opposed to sending a character template to naturemage is beyond me...