1. Simon Price

Simon Price Active Member

Need a book suggestion for brainstorming and research

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Simon Price, Sep 11, 2018.

Can anyone recommend any books that take place in a modern, "things used to be completely normal until suddenly the supernatural/sci-fi-ish was real" setting, where it actually shows the moment when the world changed, and shows the immediate reactions of people and the immediate aftermath? Ideally the actual supernatural event doesn't present any immediate danger directly; I wanna focus on the reaction to the pure change in status quo itself.

See, I'm writing a book with one of those sorts of premises. and I'm trying to wrap my head around the sorts of reactions my characters should have to everyone on earth simultaneously being shown proof of the supernatural. I was thinking it might be helpful if I watched some shows or read some books that also tackle a similar situation, and since I have four unused credits on my Audible account, I might as well fish for suggestions and see if there's an audiobook for it I can get. Anyone got anything for me?

2. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme Active Member

Grave Witch, by Kalayna Price, is a well written 'good read' (Part of the Alex Croft series) - the part of the premise relevent here is that witchcraft and the land of Faerie have suddenly become very apparent to the general population of Earth in a contemporary western setting.
    It may help with your brainstorming and considerations. If not, it's a good read anyway.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0060N6OZG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1