Tags:
  1. jorel

jorel Member

My story is deciding its own genre...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by jorel, Feb 7, 2019.

Yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I tried myself at some writing again using prompts.
    Since it came from a prompt and there was no idea or backstory to refer to I started to ask questions about what I'd just put down. Lots of why's and what if's. I slept on it and woke up today with a plot forming.

But this would make it a completely different genre!

The vibe I was originally going for was adventure but today's research history suggests thriller.
    Am I intrigued by where this could lead? Yes. But it is not what I was going for at all.

I also don't know if this is just the first best idea, so I don't know if I should settle on it.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

It happens - I tried to write a steamy romance on a bet last year - it turned into a detective thriller and kicked off a whole series of detective thrillers... just roll with it and see where it takes you

3. jorel

jorel Member

Okay, I will.
    Thanks for the quick reply, moose!