1. Kalisto

Kalisto Senior Member

History's plot holes

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Kalisto, Jul 30, 2015.

Renee J likes this.
  2. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

[​IMG]

JadeX likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

16. Wait, so the Christian crusaders sent to take Jerusalem decided to just up and sack Constantinople instead? A city which, after Rome, was the capital of the Christian world... give me a break.

Funnily enough, I read a paper yesterday explaining that the schism of 1054 was the reason why "Eastern" Christianity is Orthodox, while "Western" Christianity is Papal. And it was "Western" Christians - encouraged by Rome - who were attacking Constantinople, the capital of the "Eastern" Christians.

4. Kalisto

Kalisto Senior Member

And so long as none of your plotlines look like this, you're in business! And even if they do, you can always get a job writing soap operas... Now I kind of wonder if Soap Opera cast and crew take their jobs seriously.

5. JadeX

JadeX Senior Member

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Here are some of my plot-holes from History:
    (1) Wait a damned minute. You mean to tell me that the British had colonies in the New World for over a century and only now the colonists are getting angry about not having representation?

(2) The Nazis' evil plot: “Take over the world and destroy everyone we don't like!” Oh wow, so developed, so amazingly original. Why didn't Hitler grow a mustache and twirl it while stroking a conveniently adopted cat while he was at it?

(3) Barbarossa drowns in a river because he was wearing heavy armor? Convenient character death is convenient.

(4) It took the Egyptians how long to realize that building giant tombs that could be seen for miles was a surefire way to have all the golds plundered? Really?

(5) Lemme get this straight: Nobunaga, who is currently waging a war to unite all of Japan under his banner, gets a little pissed because his brother-in-law betrayed him and...decided to flip the bird at military strategy by switching the armies around so he and his army would face his brother-in-law? Sheesh, way to let personal feelings get in the way, dude.

(6) You mean to tell me that Walpole managed to create the South Sea Bubble, keep it going as long as he could and no one, not one person questioned him?

(7) Troy. Just...just Troy. You mean to tell me they fought a decade long war over a woman? WHY!? That has to be the most stupidest reason a war was ever fought. They should've just slapped Paris across the face and told the Trojans they could have her.

:p

Kalisto likes this.