1. agentkirb

agentkirb New Member

Can't create new threads in the workshop

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by agentkirb, Dec 28, 2011.

Ever since that thread "Who here doesn't write fantasy?" I've been wanting to put an excerpt of my story for review, but for some reason it doesn't let me. I'm aware that there are strict rules preventing like someone that just joined from just coming on here to post their story for review but obviously I've been around for 2 years.

2. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Its not about how long you've been here, you have to post 2 detailed critisisms/reviews of other peoples works for every piece you want to post.

3. agentkirb

agentkirb New Member

I know. I used to critique stuff there (like 2 years ago, haven't been on that forum for awhile) and have only posted one piece for review. But I know they just flat out don't allow people to post there that just joined.

In any case I tried PMs but either I'm doing something wrong or it's a software issue because it's not showing I sent anything... so that's why I decided to post here. I'm not impatient about this but I just want to get the ball rolling at least.

4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

You might need to contact Daniel. Cogito retired from Moderator, so the website is more stringent then ever. Try to contact him so he knows about the problem and he can get on to it.

5. agentkirb

agentkirb New Member

I tried PMing Banzai but I don't even know if it sent the message. I don't know how to get in touch with someone without clicking on a post they've made and selecting "PM this user". That's why I posted a thread here because I figure eventually someone will see it and we'll figure something out from there.

6. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

^ If you go into your 'private messages' tab, have a look under the sent items and see if it's there.

7. agentkirb

agentkirb New Member

It's not. But I did type a message and push send... so I dunno.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

if all else fails, try hitting the 'report' button in a thread in the section where you want to post work and say you're unable to get your thread to 'take' and ask the mod/admin to contact you about it... i know banzai checks those reports regularly, so that might work if a pm won't...

9. agentkirb

agentkirb New Member

I tried that just now, thanks. We'll see what happens now.

10. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Banzai has seen (and replied) to your PM. Sorry about the delay.

I'll say here what I said in the PM. We know about the bug in the requirements software. Sometimes it won't let members post who have met the requirements. We're hoping to have this fixed in the new year, but in the meantime I'd recommend persistence. The problem itself is intermittent, so you might have more joy with it at different times.