1. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

How can I develop my plotline further and opinions on it so far

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by The Magnan, Jan 17, 2012.

In the year 2000, The Terra Science and Research Institute (TSRI) discovered a new formula for adapting human genetics. The who scientist made the discovery is called Doctor Morpheus Lafferty. At first he believed that the GR0-1 (Gene Replication Omega-1) would be used to benefit humanity. Instead he found himself involved in the New Breed Project. The TSRI with assistance from relatively secret group known as Genesis Research Industries (name is very important) began this Project that involved giving people Gifts and adapting their bodies in some cases to accept cybernetic implants. And in the space of ten years, they had found four significant Gifted and Enhanced who would later be separated in different facilities all across the country of Arkuda.

During all this Arkuda is at war with Valkalla. The next two years see Arkuda Enhanced Infantry and Gifted soldiers advancing on the city known as the Aedica. During all this covert groups like the Company and Creed attempt to sabotage both sides. Twisting the strings. A Company agent known as Warren is dispatched too kill the president of Valkalla, Alicia. Meanwhile at the same time a man named Hacker is being chased by the Creed's assassin Invisible Hand. It's in the Aedica that Warren uncovers a secret, and Hacker makes his mark that will scar him later.

In the year 2023 (Project Zero: New Breeds begins), ten years after the war, Warren is sent on a contract to kill a scientist. Little does he know that it's a trap. Or that another agent followed him. And so in the Inchion facility Warren and this other agent Abigail are captured and subjected to the Yale Program. At the same time, an Enhanced and Gifted flee Project Zero. The Enhanced is Hacker.

In the year after, Hacker's guilt forces him to finally decide to get revenge and with the Gifted known as Adam (The man can transform in a humanoid/Lizard) on his side. He finally believes he can shut down not Project Zero and her sister Projects. And at this pivotal point other players emerge, and old ones return. The New Breeds was just the beginning and The Seventh Generation will be the end.

Note: I know it's not perfect, also I couldn't reveal too much of what actually happens. Let's just say this first book has a lot of truths come to life. Hence why I named it New Breeds. All I ask is how do you think I can develop it.

2. Balmarog

Balmarog New Member

I have to be honest- after reading that I just thought, "huh?"
    You might want to just organize it a little bit and maybe give some more into, might make it easier to give some pointers?
    The first paragraph made me think it was a contemporary setting, but when the second paragraph starts, "During all this Arkuda is at war with Valkalla," I was a little lost. Are these names or people, countries, or more organizations?
    I understand and respect that this is just a plot summary, but to an outside observer it's kind of a jumble.

3. agentkirb

agentkirb New Member

It seems like you have a major plot point to start off your story. You probably need to figure out what the "final conflict" will be. And by final conflict I mean the conflict that brings an end to your story after it is resolved. You actually already have it, but you just need to figure out how you want it to resolve is what I mean.

After that it's just a matter of setting up small plot points that advance your story. Put obstacles in your MCs way. Like, maybe first you need to recruit help to get revenge. You could probably spend a few chapters with your MC trying to convince someone to help you. Then maybe there is a part of the story where you have to evade capture because the people that are after you have found you. Maybe someone in your group betrays you and you have to deal with that setback. Maybe your car breaks down and you have to find a new method of transportation. Maybe you meet someone in the story that you need something from and he wants you to help him before he helps you. Then eventually you get to the climax and the end of the story.

4. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I think a lot of the names are too fitting. The guy's first name is Morpheus (like Morph) and he's working on a project about evolving (morphing) humans? Chances are, his parents didn't know what career he'd pick when they named him, you know? Also, I think that if the New Breed Project is something they're keeping on the down-low due to potential backlash, they'd call it something more ambiguous, like "Project 47."

5. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions and Valkalla is another country, except its not governed in a human way (more technologically orientated) and a lot of the bits before are going to be experienced through flashbacks. I actually didn't make the connection to Morph and Morpheus... funny coincidence. I forgot to mention that whilst some aspects of the original New Breeds is secret, they did release some experiments as a social experiment. The book is more about how the past can come back to haunt these characters in the future more or less. I'm sorry it was all bundled together.

Edit: speaking of Morpheus I may infact have it so that he changed his name of guilt... and there is something I didn't mention that I'm unsure of whether to include in the main plot. Morpheus's first subject - number one (Subject One in this case) was both biologically altered and Cybernetically altered. He gave this man the ability to see into the memories of others and assimilate them. I Intend for this to be become apparent later on when Warren one of my main characters is asked to hunt down Subject One by another New Breed Ghost (Locked up in the Hayburn Site). In other words the New Breed's weren't the first record of human experiments.

Furthermore, the projects after New Breeds were kept secret, and given numbers 0-9. A lot of the New breeds were either killed, released or transfered elsewhere. It's all complicated but believe me it does fit.