1. Computerbug

Computerbug New Member

need help with a appearance concept for some major characters in my story.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Computerbug, Jan 29, 2012.

I'm working on a graphic novel currently and I need some help deciding on a certain concept. There's a group of people known as the "espers" who as their name suggests are very gifted with psychic abilities. They're going to be pretty weird looking but I need some help with that. I want them to contrast with their surrounding people so I want them to look really monochromatic compared to their surrounding. But I'm not sure if I should just make them born albino so they have to dye their hair and wear contacts to appear normal. Or they should have white blood so they lack skin tone, have white hair so they have to dye it, and have completely white eyes so they have to wear contacts. Or a third option to where they'd mimic the paranormal phenomena known as the "Black eyed children" who are known for having completely black eyes, dark hair and light skin. The only problem with the third option is that there are only 7 people born with this condition and there have been many black eyed children sightings. These characters are the main good guys btw.

Thank you in advance.

2. jc.

jc. Member

Interesting concept. When you say monochromatic you mean to say that you just want to be distinguishable but NOT stand out right?

How about ashy skin, dull colored hair, but really vibrant colored eyes? It'd be like they blended in with the crowd until you make eye contact.