Tags:
  1. Lazy Cat

Lazy Cat New Member

need help with "checking" my characters.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Lazy Cat, Feb 19, 2020.

im new to writing storys. i have never published anything and have only been writing small novels as a hobby. now i have been working on my biggest story and have been working on it for years. and now i need someone to help me checking my character to see if im on the right track.
    im a very mistrustfull person and are without any friends except for my husband. and is so afriad that someone will steal my idees but my low selfesstem wins and this is why i will share my characters list.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10JX4eKpEKhNVWxz81OwPg7hvd9GhKJuM91dWmnb4U5w/edit?usp=sharing

2. Cephus

Cephus Contributor Contributor

Absolutely no one will steal your ideas. Nobody cares. Everyone has more ideas than they could use in a thousand lifetimes.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

And the reason this is true is the following:

1) If a theft is going to happen, the idea phase is the worst moment for it. Every writer has ideas all over the place. In their brains, in the drawer, in the sink, in the tub, in the dog's mouth... There are no end of ideas. Ideas are easy because they require next to no work. In order for an idea to actually become something, you have to pull the nebulous little spirit out of your mind and dress it in flesh and blood and setting and pace and plot and theme and arcs and ancillary characters and sub-arcs, etc. etc. etc.

Stealing an idea is pointless because all the work is still in front of you.

2) No matter how original you think your ideas are, walk into any big-box bookseller and I will bet my immortal soul that your idea already lives somewhere in the pages of one of the books you see before you, and very likely in the pages of several.

No one is stealing ideas. People do sometimes steal completed works to pass off as their own, but an idea is a puff of wind.

SirKibblers and Xoic like this.
  4. Lazy Cat

Lazy Cat New Member

thank you

5. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

It isn't clear from your post what you want us to check, but I looked at the list and I see a couple of things you might want to fix.

God of Huntress Diana should be Diana, Goddess of the Hunt (or The Huntress as she was sometimes called). I read your entry on Diana and I see her priest refers to her as a male, so he would call her him God of the Hunt.

God of Warrior—should be God Of War, or alternatively you could refer to him as The Warrior God. In Greek mythology (which is where Diana comes from) his name is Ares, as in Ares, God of War, or Ares the War God. I don't know if you want to use the Greek name Ares though.

God of Love, The Maiden—if the Maiden is a female it should be Goddess of Love. In Greek mythology that was Aphrodite.

If this isn't the kind of checking you're looking for, let us know.

6. Lazy Cat

Lazy Cat New Member

no this is great. it was this kind of things i wanted to get help with. thank you for your tips and help.
    ps. acctuly i wasn't going for the greek myth, but i have been reading about it for insperation. along with other myth and religon.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  7. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

The Greek name for Diana was Artemis.