1. Nectus17

Nectus17 New Member

Need help writing my sci fi book

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Nectus17, Jul 13, 2018.

My issues ... off world problems. Half of my book takes place on a different planet. The story contains comedy,danger and dinosaurs. The story contains compassion and love. With a strong willed character as the lead. The main character seeks more out of life than he is offered . I need outside thoughts on the direction of my project. Storyline tightening..

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Could you be more specific? What is the main goal of the MC, and how is he going to find it?
    Is he just sick of his dead end job, and wants to retire/quit and find a quiet paradise to settle
    down at and leave behind everything that has been taking away from his life.

3. Nectus17

Nectus17 New Member

The main character is Ashtar he is a humanoid alien from another planet. The story takes place off-world. His father wants him to bread. However.. he wants more . Encounters earth special forces. Sees death and carnage to his planet and has a choice to help or destroy the invaders.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. MikeyC

MikeyC Active Member

Sounds like you have the foundation of your story right there. Start writing it, and the story will probably unfold for you!

Rgds

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

This can also describe Star Wars.
    This can also describe Avatar.

As you notice, the details you provide are way too general and can be applied to two very different stories. The specifics will make your novel stand out. As a start, you can begin creating scenes out of those general details. Create a scene that reveals comedy, another one that shows your characters in danger, and another one about compassion, next one for love etc. Or, put all those together: for example, there is a scene one of the Star Wars movies where the characters are in a dangerous situation (the enemy invades their base) but they also have a little love scene. Of course that scene will be completely different from what you could create for your book. The specifics will build your plot.

6. OB1

OB1 Active Member

I don't mean to sound harsh, but what are you after exactly?

Are you basically after someone to write a plot for you? If so, I think you will struggle to get any meaningful answer. If you don't have the ideas yourself then it doesn't bode well for your story. Now on the other hand if you had questions over what you have written, or the English usage, the readability of what you have written, the believability of you story etc, then these are questions we can help you with. We are not your ghost writers! Do the hard work yourself and then we can help with the detail.

Sorry but please give us something to go by!

7. Nectus17

Nectus17 New Member

The story is written. What I need is outside opinions on my work. I feel it is missing something. It's similar to avatar however more goes on in the story. It's not predictable.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

Zombies? :superagree:Melodrama? :superconfused:A character with depression? A fairy godmother? A vulcano? A yellow brick road? Diversity? Vengeance? There is so much one can add to a book. But I don't know your book, so I have no idea what would fit in there...

9. Quanta

Quanta Senior Member

A brief summary is way too short for anybody to pinpoint what's missing. You need to find someone who would be willing to read your finished work.