1. akrushinski

akrushinski New Member

Need Ideas - "If you could do anything..."

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by akrushinski, Jul 23, 2011.

I've finally broken through my writer's block with a new story concept. I was just hoping I could spur some extra content with your answers to this question:

If you could do anything in the world (other than write!) what would it be?

Ignore money as a factor. Pretend your funds are endless. Would you buy a yacht? Board a spaceship to Mars? Move to Montana?

Hope I get some interesting responses!

2. flipflop

flipflop New Member

build a lara croft style mansion

3. Kaye00

Kaye00 New Member

I would travel around the world for as long as possible, or move to another country.

4. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Buy a really awesome, high-quality, decked out RV and live on it - cruise around driving across the country, visit friends and relatives from all across the nation whenever I feel like it, attend local bands' concerts, go spend time at various places from my childhood, camp out at areas with lakes and campgrounds, and of course write when I'm not busy doing something else. Have two or three cats to keep me company.

5. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

wow, amazing idea! I would get the dream house some place where it's always warm, but then I'd spend most of my time travelling in italy and the rest of europe and USA, visit friends and just enjoy seeing different places. (mostly Italy, because I'm in love with the place) I would attend all my favourite band's concerts and buy whatever I liked with no concern to budget... Ahh, sweet life! :))
    (But I would keep writing during all this time, though ;) )

6. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

Have a feeling I'd be terribly boring. Sure, I'd travel and stuff the first few years, then I would get tired of that and just spend my days quietly. Being able to buy anything I wanted. Mainly games and tech-doodads.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I would develop my own story ideas.

1 person likes this.
  8. apf42589

apf42589 New Member

i would become a film maker/actor, and hopefully inspire the world somehow.

9. Brooily

Brooily New Member

built a city inside a huge spaceship and travel around space

10. Sundae

Sundae New Member

I'd do two things.

A) Backpack across the world with my best friend.

and

B) Mostly likely volunteer either with UNICEF or the Peace Corps to work for political, economic, and social development across the world.

11. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

Swim in a vault of money, Scrooge McDuck-style.

12. Raging_Ty

Raging_Ty New Member

I would most likely build a house on a bluff in Malibu but it wouldn't be a regular house... It would be just a little shack on the surface and I'd build the rest of my house under ground.. Having an underground house has always been a dream of mine

13. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

Hire the brightest and best practioners of all sciences, and force them into decision making commitees. Override congress with logic, common sense, and hilarious hijinks.

I'll take breaks, too, but I will keep a low profile.

14. Ralinde

Ralinde New Member

Hmm, you know, I've actually never cared for money and probably imagine I'd give a lot of it away to friends and families who needed or my local community which is going through some rough times at the moment.

However, it I really had that much, yes I would travel I suppose but following that I would probably want to use it to fund all different kinds of explorations to different places. It would be grand to go off looking into Earth's deepest myths and legends and following that, well the sky is literally the limit. Looking for life 'out there' would definitely be one way I'd spend my money if I had it.

15. Heather

Heather New Member

I would do exactly the same thing as I'm doing now - go to uni, try and write stories, go out with my boyfriend. I don't know if that means I'm a very boring person, or I'm just happy with life right now.

The only thing differently I would do if money were no obstacle, would be to drink a LOT more alcohol, and go on a few holidays. Again, neither are very imaginative :p

16. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

I'd go on the internet and be extra sarcastic.

Actually, no. I'd build a hotel and huge white tiled water garden with sunken buildings and artefacts ala Castle of Cagliostro style.

Then I'd go on the internet and be extra sarcastic.

17. Marranda

Marranda New Member

1st, I'd get lypo, because no matter what I do, no matter how well I diet, eat right, and exercise, I still can't shake this post-pregnancy belly fat :(
    Then I'd buy a cruiseliner and it's crew and take my family and close friends and sail the world.
    After tiring of hitting all sea-side hot spots and islands, I'd give the cruiseliner to charity, and trade everything in for backpacking supplies, and passports, and take my family backpacking around Europe and north Africa. The Japan and China and Hong Kong. Then the Pacific islands. Then South America.
    Once done with a complete and thorough tour of the world, I'd buy tickets to the next NASA launch to Mars and fund the building of a space station where me and my family would retire :) Hopefully a year before i die from natural causes because I can't see how being in outer space for more than a year could remain entertaining and fullfilling.

18. Mugen

Mugen New Member

I would spend all my time traveling the world with only one suitcase. And I would train for marathons and triathlons all over the world in exotic settings, and compete in races everywhere.

19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen New Member

If I could do ANYTHING in the world... ;D I'd jump about the past in a Time Machine; I want to see first hand all the eras of the world. I want to read all the scrolls in the great library of Alexandria (before the Xtians burned it)- I want to sail the seven seas with the pirates and the explorers. I want to explore the great castles of my home country as they were when they were inhabited; watch them build the pyramids and lay pharoes to rest; see the ancient mayans. Basically I want to do everything, see everything, know everything...heh heh heh.

Well you did say anything...

20. flipflop

flipflop New Member

i dont believe this is supposed to be a wish list but ideas for a novel. So can we have less travel and more outlandish ideas.

How about battle a dragon

21. NateSean

NateSean Senior Member

With all of the would be time travellers in this thread, I'm reluctant to do anything because someone is liable to change history in a way that leaves me completely screwed.

22. Anders Backlund

Anders Backlund New Member

Master swordsman.

Also: Treasure hunter.

23. Word Dancer

Word Dancer New Member

If money wasn't an issue I'd travel. See Hawaii and have some fun, then maybe Europe and Egypt.