1. Nicholas Moser

Nicholas Moser Banned

Need review from crime writters

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Nicholas Moser, Jun 27, 2021.

Are there any horror writers in here willing to do a one on one? I need some pointers from a season horror writer who isn't afraid of a little gore about my book. I am working on a series(called Keys of Jackals, the name referring to Isaiah 13:22. The Word keys is also a term for islands and Jackal is a beast) about a cabal of serial killers with ties to the CIA who together kidnap and brutal thousands across the country, often selling them into slavery for the rich and powerful and/or murdering them in a sick and twisted Satanic ritual. Currently, I am writing my first book, Dreamer of Dreams, which is loosely based on the Finders Cult, Oakland Country child-killing, Presidio sex-ring, WM3 case, Atlanta child-killing, Franklin Scandal, John Wayne Gacy, Dean Corrll, etc. with my first book. So far I posted it but with few reviews. I feel the need for more reviews and perhaps so one on one talks with experienced horror writers to polish my turd of a "book"(while non-crime writers are welcome I feel that someone in the same genre can really tackle the issues). Then again I can be an oversensitive baby so yea.................

[​IMG]

2. Mogador

Mogador Senior Member

If you can take a section of the Dreamer of Dreams, something under 2,000 words, and concentrate on fitting that into something like a conventional narrative thread that people on here could review, then you'll likely have more luck.

I don't know about any crime writers on here, but I personally find it attractive to see a post under a thousand words. It fits into my day and is fun to read. Anything over that becomes something I need to force myself to open a tab on.

Nicholas Moser likes this.