1. Andrew Brannan

Andrew Brannan New Member

need some advice

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Andrew Brannan, Dec 23, 2016.

I have a story moving around in my brain but I cant get the plot right I could do with some tips I have just started writing but I am willing to learn I really believe I could make this story work just need a little help

2. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Okay, what do you need help with?

Cave Troll likes this.
  3. WNP

WNP Member

Hard to offer advice without more specific information. Only thing I can think to suggest is draw up a timeline of key plot points and see if the story works logically. If not then look at the parts that don't seem to work and figure out why

Cave Troll likes this.
  4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Well let me consult the trusty old Magic 8 Ball...
    Inconclusive.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  5. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

There is fives point you should have figured out before plotting. They are as followed.

Lead: Your MC. Try to use nouns and verbs when you describe your MC and a single-well-picked adjective.
    Objective: What is his or her goal? It should be a physical goal that serves to satisfy a spiritual goal.
    Conflict: What stands in his or her way?
    Knockout: What would victory look like? What would defeat look like?
    Situation: With as few words as possible, what is your character's life like before the start of the story? A little bit of Background info works here.

A note on irony: Either the goal or the conflict (or both) should be Ironic in terms of your MC. An example of this would be "A serial killer who tries to save someone's life."

These are my suggestions, but it will up to you to figure out your story. I wish you the best of luck.

jannert likes this.
  6. Andrew Brannan

Andrew Brannan New Member

its a sci fi mystery story about a drug addict who takes lsd and the trip start to change the way he thinks but hes not sure if its all in his head or if its real but as it progresses things begin to happen that makes him believe its real he trys to figure out whats happening by taking more trips and things get crazier as he goes more and more into to trips

7. MoWrit

MoWrit Member

Nice plot. I'd say you've almost got it all set out. Just need to turn it into a story form. By you saying that you do not have the plot right, I really think you do. I'm just not sure how the plot could end. Either he dies from overdose, he goes completely insane or he just gives up.

8. antlad

antlad Banned

Do an image search for a Plot Diagram, find one you like, download, print, fill it out.

9. pitviper

pitviper Member

Start writing. Let your characters do what they will. I do not know any other way.