1. brokenhillman

brokenhillman New Member

Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by brokenhillman, May 31, 2016.

Hello everyone, I'm hoping that by joining and interacting with this forum I'll be able to stop prevaricating and start writing. I enjoy genre fiction, especially SF, though I've read plenty of fantasy and horror fiction too. I have no problem coming up with settings but have so far failed to tease out any interesting stories from them. Occasionally something seemingly promising will surface, only to appear hopelessly derivative on further reflection. My instinct is that world building and character development are more important than a clever plot, however every time I see lists of story prompts I frankly feel intimidated and can't escape the feeling that without some mind-bending and original plot, there's no point in my beginning to write. Anyway, I have no doubt that many have felt the same way before me and browsing this forum has made me feel much more optimistic.

A man called Valance likes this.
  2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Hello brokenhillman. "...many have felt the same way before me." Indeed they have. Don't let the fear of what you (think you) can't do ever stop you from showing what you can do. Welcome to the site.

brokenhillman likes this.
  3. brokenhillman

brokenhillman New Member

Thank you! I appreciate the welcome and the encouragement.

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    To traverse the expanse of space, one can get lost if they make the wrong turn at the third star 50 degrees west of that little blue one. :superlaugh:

Welcome to the land of tortured keyboards, as they have been worked to virtual exhaustion as the keys take the wear and tear.:supergrin:
    bang-head-on-keyboard.gif~c200.gif

Have fun and see you around the Forum, and good luck. :supersmile:

5. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello and welcome