1. CraigIan

CraigIan New Member

New and looking for help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CraigIan, May 31, 2018.

Hey I'm new here, I've been writing stories since I was young, although I have a tenancy to give up when I hit a block. I have so many ideas for stories and I can plan them, but when it comes to filling the gaps between the notes and storyline I choke and effectively give up.

I hoping I can find some friends to help, some people to help me develop my ideas and when I hit a wall guide me in the right direction.
    Also someone who can write songs, most of my stories are around music and song writing is a big weakness of mine.

Lawless likes this.
  2. irite

irite Member

I've found a lot of information on here just reading through and got answers to the questions I've asked. In terms of getting stuck, sometimes inspiration comes when your not trying or just overhearing a conversation gives you a new direction to write from which you would never have thought of yourself. Write as much as you can and then life and new experiences will fill the gaps as and when it happens.

In terms of lyrics something I used to do with someone I knew was get them to give me a first line then I'd rhyme the next 3 from that. I would never have thought of the first line so there is no way I would have ever written the whole 4. So 4 lines from them and I had a 16 in no time

CraigIan likes this.