1. angel2016

angel2016 Member

New and never thought I'd be posting here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by angel2016, Jul 5, 2016.

I'm not a writer, and never have been. English, especially composition, was the bane of my existence in school. I still cringe when I read portions of my thesis, which I cried my way through. Hated it. I couldn't even pick up a book for two years after graduate school.

Yet here I am 30,000 words into some crazy story that's been floating through my head for a while. It's beyond crap, and I don't know that I'll finish it - and don't have any other stories to tell if I don't - but here I am anyway!

Excited to read the forums and see if I have a chance at improving my garbage. :)

2. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hehe.. that's just as it happened to me. And *looking around now*.. it has expanded my world something fierce. May it happen to you too! :) Welcome!

bonijean2 likes this.
  3. Brindy

Brindy Senior Member

Be careful though,this place can become addictive :D

bonijean2 likes this.
  4. Sparrow Kuhn

Sparrow Kuhn Member

Hey! We're happy to have you! I hope something comes of the story floating in your head.

5. Brandon J.

Brandon J. Member

Welcome. We all have that idea flowing through our head and it truly is the greatest thing to at least try to bring it to fruition.

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hey, that sounds great! You never know when a good story comes and sweeps you up. :D

Anyway, welcome to WF. Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you officially started. See ya!

-Kat

7. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Yup. Sitting up crying the night before an essay is due because you haven't even started it and you know you need to write *something* but all your teacher ever tells you is, "there are no right or wrong answers," which is absolutely the least helpful advice ever.

Glad I'm not the only one here who was scarred by school English lessons. Did a creative writing course as a free-choice module on the degree I just finished, just to defeat those demons. Seemed to do the trick.