1. tomoyan

tomoyan New Member

Generic newbie post

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tomoyan, Oct 9, 2007.

Hello, I'm Tomo. I'm a teenager, and I live down in sunny (LOL) New Zealand. I've been writing seriously for almost two years now, and I love it. I'm probably best known for my work on fanfiction dot net, where I go by Tomo Potter. Last year I was a NaNoWriMo participant, though I was forced to drop out, and I'm making the attempt again this year. I'm also doing some writing stuff for an online project that I'll be hopefully getting paid for soon.

The main reason I joined this forum is that I want to find some new writing challenges, and really work on my skills seriously as a writer. I'm looking into going professional, and I want to really challenge myself here, to maked sure I'm up to it.

In other areas, I like pixel art, dancing, and making up silly little things, like my fish shaking club. I'm vegetarian and wiccan, and I like geese. I'm also bisexual and female, with a girlfriend, and just as a warning, I don't take crap from anyone.

Well, that's about it. Peace out, I'm off to explore the forum!

2. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Hi Tomo, and welcome to WF. =)

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Heya Tomo and welcome to the insane corridors of WF.org. The friendliest and most welcoming forum I feel you will ever find :D

I look forward to seeing you around the boards in the very near future and if you ever have any problems and need some questions answered, just simpl pm any of us here and we will be more than happy to help you out.

Well all that said and done, enjoy your time here and see you round the boards. :)

Torana

4. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny New Member

Yeah vegitarian wiccans rock!!!

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site - I hope we can cater for your needs. Good luck with the professional aspirations, its a tough goal but an attainable one I believe if you put the time and effort in! If you have any questions as to how the site works let us know, I look forward to seeing your contributions.

Consider entering our writing contests: the prize is only honour but come join us anyway. Details here.

Weekly Writing Group - Writing Forums

6. yfc54

yfc54 New Member

Hi mate. A great welcome from the North East of England.

PS What does that word sunny mean?

7. tomoyan

tomoyan New Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

Funny Bunny: Why yes we do >=D

Gannon: Thank you ^__^ I will have to check it out.

yfc54: I think it's when the sky shines, and you see that big bright yellow thing. It hasn't been sunny here for ages though. Just perpetual rain, cold and cloud. Damn Antarctica, giving us all it's cold. *shakes fist*

8. yfc54

yfc54 New Member

9. heyharris1

heyharris1 New Member

hello, and welcome aboard

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Tomo, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

11. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome! Hope you're settling in ok :D I'm attempting NaNoWriMo this year too :)

12. Scott the Bug

Scott the Bug New Member

Hi there, everyone. I live in Los Angeles, United States--but I'm moving to Seattle in a few months. I can't wait!
    I have been writing, on and off, since I was about 8; I'm almost 27 now. What started out as cute little stories about flowers and animals eventually gave way to darker and more suspenseful themes and characters. I consider myself a mix of Dean Koontz, Christopher Pike, Michael Critchon, Sidney Sheldon and Danielle Steele. I tend to do a lot of sci-fi, suspense, and drama/adventure. Lately I've been incorporating those elements into teen/young adult fiction.
    One of the biggest lessons that I have learned in my endeavors is that it does little good to reveal your work to family and friends. They think they mean well, but the truth is they're all a bunch of killjoys. Seeing you follow your dream just reminds them they're not doing the same (if they ever had one). Their lives are miserable, so to feel better, they have to drag you down with them. Haters! I used to hear it all the time: "Oh, you wrote a little story. That's nice, dear. Now go out and get a job in the real world!"
    So I decided, one day, to stop mentioning anything to them, at all. If they have a problem with the way I live my life, then just forget them. From now on, I am only going to share my work with those who actually show interest--like you guys (that's why I joined this site), or with someone whose job it is to literally review and critique creative works for a living--such as an agent or producer. That is all I have to say.
    Feel free to visit my website: www.scottstales.com.