1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

New book case in den

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Steerpike, Mar 28, 2016.

Since I have too many damned books! :D

den1.jpg

Oscar Leigh and Kingtype like this.
  2. Steerpike

Close view of a section @Wreybies will appreciate:

den2.jpg

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Haha! :-D Those are great! @minstrel and I were talking about those very editions of Delany's work just the other day. Those are our favorite covers for those books. I was so disappointed in the covers I could find for the ebook editions I have that I recreated the originals in digital form for my e-readers. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steerpike likes this.
  4. Steerpike

Those are my favorite covers too @Wreybies. Love them.

5. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Jealous!! I only have two shelves, and they're so packed, if I buy one more book, it won't fit. In fact, my husband bought me ten books for our anniversary (special cover and hardcover of the Percy Jackson series), and they're still sitting in front of my other books because there's no room for them. lol And I bought him a book as well, which is still sitting on his desk because there's no place for it.

Though I must admit, I've stopped reading as much as I used to. :( I used to work at Walmart, so when I finished a book, I'd just buy a new one on lunch. But now that I don't have a job, I don't go out. And I don't know what books are good or not. And browsing Barnes and Noble is so intimidating sometimes. lol I need to read more. :(

6. Steerpike

@Lea`Brooks I have some in boxes as well. I really need to take them to the used book store :)

I take it you must have liked the Percy Jackson books quite a bit. I've never read them. Maybe I should pick those up and check them out!

7. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I love the Percy Jackson series. lol I now have three copies of all five books. And my original copies are falling apart I've read them so much. But I've always been really into Greek mythology.

8. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

Love the books, though I can't pass on that lovely coffee table. very nice. I enjoyed Percy Jackson, but being a history major in greek mythology, some of the *mistakes* *cough* *cough* get under my skin now, despite me telling myself it's a fantasy over and over. hahaha.

9. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I don't have space in my house for another bookshelf. My bookshelves are all lined with books two tiers deep, and I still have a ton of books in boxes in the garage.

My roomie and I really want to get a much bigger house (NOT in SoCal!) and we want to design it ourselves, but we can't move forward on this until he recovers his health. Argh. Until then, no new house, no new bookshelf space, and poor old me rooting around in garage boxes looking for books that I'm sure I bought years ago... but where can they be?

:(

10. HelloImRex

HelloImRex Senior Member

From the thread title I thought you were saying you had written a new book called "Case in Den" .