1. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blooming, Jan 11, 2008.

I am new here, I am 16 years old, I like writing, I won a drama festival with my script. I don't think I have any talent according to everyone in my family and people in school. I have no confidence to write anymore. I just want to fit in and be accepted without being treated like a totally idiot. I can help people with mythology and latin. I can help with ideas, I have my scripts with me and if anyone wants to help. Okay, but I am a total bad luck. So if you don't I understand. Thank you.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hello
    and
    welcome
    hehehehe

seriously it is wonderful to have you here and i do hope that you stick around....you will definately fit in here. Here is the safe haven for writers of all kinds. Where we come to grow as writers and create friendships as well :)

I do hope you stay and on that note see you around the boards :p:)

torana​

3. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Yay, I'm the first to welcome you to WF.org. Post up work, and review other's work as well in return, and you're going to see a drastic improvement in your writing no matter how good you are now :D Have loads of fun :D

Edit: Damn missed, second.

4. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Are you sure? I asked my sister about another one and he banned for plagrism and when actually that was her work and someone else posted it on termspaper and other websites and they said that they want her gone from the world. It was writermusters.com

5. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Well, if you don't post up your work, it'll be harder for us to review and help right? And I'm sure theres some way to prove that its you posting? Do check.

6. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Okay, I found out where but it won't allow me to do it. Why?

7. Torana

You need to review some work before you can post. I think it is two or three pieces forst.

8. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Oh thank you for answering my question? Where do I post some reviews, can I do them as evaluations.

9. Torana

You go the the poetry, lyrics, novels, short stories or scripts and screenplays areas and randomly pick a piece, read it and reply as you would to this thread, and say what you think of the piece and how it could be improved upon.

10. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Okay, thank you for telling me, I already have done that. Thank you, I replied to some people's work and I put in one of my work and I reviewed some poetry, I don't think I did a good job.

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Blooming, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Confidence comes with practice and experiencing your own progress.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

12. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Okay I will try, was I helping or not?

13. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hi Blooming and welcome to WF :)

14. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Thank you, well what anime avator do you have?

15. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Shinn Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny.

16. Blooming

Blooming Banned

I love Gundam, what was your favourite series? Anyway have I done a good amount of help or not?

17. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Blooming, I would say if you think your reviews are good, you have done a good job. My favourite series are Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam Seed, 08th MS Team, Gundam Wing and Gundam X.

18. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Oh thank you, anyway Gundam wing was good I enjoyed Wing Zero and I thought Zech was really emo.

19. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Hey Blooming, welcome to the site. I am Heather and can usually be found around ehre most days and if you would ever like a review, need any help or just wanna chat then send a Pm my way and I'll be happy to help. Congrats on wining a drama festival thing, that sounds cool. :) I hope to see you around more often.
    Heather

20. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Do you want to look at the script at all, anyway okay I don't sound too annoying. If you want to review my essay it would be cool.

21. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya there, Blooming. Welcome to WF.org.

22. Blooming

Blooming Banned

Why thank you Hulk are you new?