New Dawn(Sanctuary Sequel)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Darkthought, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Sarafena tapped her foot on the floor, how long had she been waiting? It wasn’t such a bother considering a lord could make any man or woman wait. However Sarafena wasn’t the type that liked to stand still for to long. There was always something she could be doing and her hands tended to get restless when not doing something. She stared out the arch shaped windows into the garden her thoughts slipping to the maintenance her jet needed and how she’d like to be with the mechanic while he worked his magic.

She envied everyone back at the barracks who by now would be moving around going about the armies daily tasks while she stood here.

2. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

Lin ducked down as the bullets sung a song inside inside the cave. Lin wasn't very fond of this lullaby, particularly the end of it. He scrambled as the others did, looking for some sort of cover.

He found himself further away from his guns in the midst of the bluster. He peeped over to the seats annoyed, hoping to hear a break in gunfire that would serve as signal to get his hardware.

"Damn."

3. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Joshua cursed, coughed and shrugged, throwing himself to the floor as soon as he realised what was going on. He felt like an idiot now; he had been the one who had insisted that he wanted to be found soon. He had jinxed it. A bullet impacted three inches from his head, and he cursed again. These people, whoever they are, probably had a better aim then he had.

That’s when it hit him; These weren’t They. They would have just razed the cave, bombed it into oblivion or send one or two hunter stalker’s or fiends in. Were they people? Then why the hell were they shooting at them? Another bullet impacted close by, shattering the icy floor, and another hit his gun case. This was madness. Joshua started to crawl to the back of the cave. A hundred questions were racing trough his head, but he choose the one that was prominently on his mind right now. “What is happening” he shrieked in a high pitched voice.

4. Jade

Jade Active Member

As the others talked about going outside, Jess stayed quiet. Her decision was made the day of the attack on the Sanctuary. Wherever that disk went, she would go too. Ever since she had been fired from the army, protecting it had become her purpose.

The cave exploded, bullets flying everywhere. Jess snatched up her gun and crawled forward on her knees until she reached the row of seats where Lin was also hiding. Jack had left his post and dived for cover with the rest of the group. Shouldering her rifle, Jess looked around the corner.

The targets were invisible, apart from the occasional shadow which was so fleeting that it could have been a mere hole in the snow curtain. Jess returned fire, aiming at the grey patches and where she supposed the enemy soldiers would have been strategically placed. The bullets kept flying, shredding the cave walls. Then Jess ducked as a bullet caught her in the arm.

“What is happening,” Josh shrieked in a high pitched voice.

“We are being attacked,” she replied, calmly checking the wound on her arm. It was only a graze. She reloaded and looked at Jack. “I can’t see them.”

5. Blossom

Blossom New Member

Zefie threw herself to the ground behind a stalagmite as soon as she heard the gunfire. Covering her head with her arms, she waited with bated breath for the searing pain of a bullet hitting her, but it never came. Cautiously, she opened one eye and peeked out of a gap between her arms, just in time to see Josh almost getting shot.

"Josh!" she screamed, not close enough to reach out and drag him away from the mouth of the cave. "Get back!"

She didn't know if he heard her but he started crawling to the back of the cave.

Zefie looked around for her rifle, and found it lying a few feet away. Keeping low to the ground she began to creep towards it. Her thoughts were racing. The rapid, staccato rattle of the gunfire wasn't ceasing, and there was no visible sign of their attackers. None of Them coming to quickly finish them off. So was it Them? Or was it ... humans?

But why would humans attack them?

Finally she reached her weapon. Scooping it up she flattened herself against the wall of the cave, leaning out briefly to shoot at the bleak whiteness outside, in the direction of the sound of the guns. She couldn't see anyone, and wondered if she was hitting the target or wasting her ammo.

"What's happening?" a high-pitched shriek came from Josh.

Zefie spared a glance in his direction. Jess's voice came from the other side of the cave.

"We are being attacked. I can't see them."

Zefie fired again, muttering under her breath, "Way to state the obvious."

6. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

V immediately thought of Jack, at the mouth of the cave.

"JACK!" She screamed, scared that he was already dead. She didn't feel cold now, she didn't feel anything.

She should follow Zefie toward the back of the cave, she knew, but her impulse to go after Jack was strong, too. She crawled toward the windbreak of seats, thinking to look between them, and as another hail of bullets entered the cave she dropped to the floor, lying flat at the base of the seats and trying to make herself small as possible.

7. Nikhil

Nikhil New Member

The worst thing John feared in the morning was his alarm. He hated it. He would have to get out of his safe, warm bed. And it happened to his disgust. He slowly made his way towards the bathroom. He brushed and took a good bath. He was now fresh and all his sleep had gone astray. He moved towards the fridge. He opened the door and grumbled. There were only fast foods. He yelled to his mother, "I wanted something tasty to eat. I don't like these pizzas and burgers. I want potatoes. They are delicious." "What do you think, John? You are big now and look like a skeleton. Today you have to eat that pizza", came the answer from his mother.

Grumbling, he somehow managed to swallow it. He then said bye to his mother and went to work. He reached the office and gave a good morning to his colleagues. He sat on his seat, opened his laptop and started working on it. "Hey JJ!, What's up dude? You look unhappy today", spoke his friend. "Pizza, I had to eat one today", he replied. "Come on. Pizza is delicious. You need some skin right?", his friend spoke.

He was just working on it when he recieved a call. He got nervous. "Why have I been called?", he wondered. He strided towards the place where he was asked to be.

8. sprb_skrbblz

He saw V over by the seats. He would have asked her to grab the bag, but a dynamite blast might work more in the enemy's favor than their own. He wouldn't risk having her try to slide one of his guns.

Mapping out strategies wasn't Lin's strong suit. He was more instinctual. The bullets were starting to get inside the cave. As they ricocheted, Lin would have to go to the back of the cave. But V was still there, and she didn't deserve to go out like this.

After a hesitation, he decided he needed to get to the entrance. Dropping to his stomach, he inched his way towards the seats. He used himself to shield V while he reached for the bag and his guns.

Just as he put the AK strap around his shoulder, a slug penetrated his leg. He stayed behind the seats for a moment, getting V's attention. His voice sailed over the gunfire.

"We need to go to the back of the cave."

Bullets wouldn't stop flying. Why hadn't they just come in already? Lin shook it off and examined his shot. He sulked slightly.

"COME ON!!!"

9. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Captain Warren signaled his men to stop firing and remain still. For a moment he would simply watch the cave and see what the outcome of his attack had been. He would give a moment for the fear to settle in. By then they would have realized that they were being attacked by other humans. They would panic. They would make mistakes. They would break down.

10. Foxee

V expected to feel the pain of a bullet at any second as they ricocheted around the cave. Instead she felt Lin's body fall partly over her and partly blocking her from the shooters at the cave entrance.

Then she felt his body jerk a little, as though he'd been hit.

"We need to go to the back of the cave." He said, then more forcefully, "COME ON!!!"

"I can't go yet!" V yelled back to Lin, struggling a little when he tried to get her moving for the back of the cave, "Where's Jack?"

11. Mike Nemesis

Mike Nemesis Active Member

Ark had clearly timed it just right, a secretary appeared and informed them Lord North would see them now ushering them to a room behind her, politely holding the door open for them.

He nodded, a silent note of thanks and stepped into Lord North's room. He looked at the other two people he was with and wondered if there were any more to come. None of them appeared to have anything in common. God one of them didn't even look like a man. He looked him up and down frowning with disaprovement. But he wasn't here to see them he was here to meet Lord North he had seen the man before but never had he shared any true links thats what made the meeting so unusual.

He stepped forward offering his hand to Lord North unsure of if it was appropriate. Ark believed in a good formal introduction although he had found some people shyed away from his gesture fearing he might offer a slightly to hearty hand shake. "Ark Routeledge at your service Sir."

12. sprb_skrbblz

"Where's Jack?"

Good question. Jack should have been the one covering V, and taking a bullet for her. As odd as Jack was acting, she still had it bad for the guy. He turned her loose, realizing she wouldn't go until Jack was found.

And now the firing stopped. All was quiet and Lin could hear a pin drop if such an event took place. That kind of quiet is a little scary, especially considering that humans were shooting at other humans.

He got up and limped a little, staring dead at the entrance of the cave. His weapon drawn, he signaled for V to get up and go.

"I dunno where Jack at, but you can't stay in that spot. You're askin' for it there."

13. Darkthought

Lord North stood from behind his desk and took the man's hand, giving it a strong shake that his old age belied. "Ark Routeledge at your service Sir," he said before North motioned for all the occupants to take a seat.

"I'm afraid it is I who is at your service Mr. Routeledge. I have a very important task for all of you. It is why you have been called here. Each of you possesses skills that will be of great use in the days to come. I will tell you outright. Some of you may die, all of you may die. But the success of this mission is the key to the survival of the entire human race."

14. Foxee

V realized that Lin was right. She hated that he was right but if anyone could help Jack it would be Lin, who was actually armed, and not V, whose carbine was not anywhere near her.

She began to crawl toward the back of the cave, even if she got her carbine, how could they shoot at people who were just firing blindly into the cave? Lin and the others had been right and she'd been wrong. They had been sitting ducks and now someone was trying to kill them.

By why? And who?

15. Mike Nemesis

He was impressed with the mans hand shake. He was strong for his age. He followed the offer to sit down, Ark wasn't fond of sitting instead he tended to choose to stand or lean or at best taking an unconvential seat of a table opposed to the perfectly acceptable chairs. However he felt compelled to show a level of respect and manners here.

North didn't have light words, he hadn't expected such a serious task. Sure he'd been on assignments where peoples lives where at stake. Hostage scenarios and what not but the survival of the human race? That was hardly a light statement. The prospect of death was nothing new in his line of buisness but he looked at the others to read their reaction.

"Then it is an honour to be trusted with such an important task. Whats the situation." he wasn't sure what to expect in response were they about to have a full military briefing delivered to them or where they going to be acting in the dark? Somehow he thought they would be told the key details. The goverment had come along way since the days of before the invasion. Perhaps they felt the people were united in a way they had never been before and there wasn't as much of an issue about covert operations because it was a war the people supported. A cause everyone understood and got behind. No wories about the media contorting the event.

16. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Sarafena stood close to the door of lord North’s room. She watched as a who went by the name of Arch introduced himself.

Lord North spoke leaving no room for Sarafena to introduce herself she wasn’t concerned no doubt for her to be asked here. He had a nice big file on her photo’s included.

"I'm afraid it is I who is at your service Mr. Routeledge. I have a very important task for all of you. It is why you have been called here. Each of you possesses skills that will be of great use in the days to come. I will tell you outright. Some of you may die, all of you may die. But the success of this mission is the key to the survival of the entire human race."

Sarafena didn’t like the words die, she held her tongue it was no different from working in the military. She simply chose to ignore the word die. She believed strongly in the saying, only worry about what you can control.

"Then it is an honour to be trusted with such an important task. Whats the situation." Arch asked.

Speak for yourself Sarafena thought to herself.

“Lord North I am officer Blake. I doubt you need hear more then that. You‘ve probably got all the information you need. Pardon my asking but surely you have forces readily trained. Why would you seek out the likes of.” she looked at Landa then Arch and shook her head. “Well us.” she couldn’t find a nicer way to put it.

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"I have a very important task for all of you. It is why you have been called here. Each of you possesses skills that will be of great use in the days to come. I will tell you outright. Some of you may die, all of you may die. But the success of this mission is the key to the survival of the entire human race."

Landa listened to Blake and the one called Arch. He even listened to Lord North. He stared for a moment and decided to keep quiet. But he just had about enough of it. Landa walked a little closer so the Lord North could see him properly talking to him.
    "She's right aren't your mean readily trained enough," Landa said, "Not only that, but mind you I already have a pretty heavy and busy job...so what could be far more important then saving the lives of the already working hard soldiers? What could be far more important then curing those sick and helpless civilians?"
    Landa was tired of being pulled by strings, he came here through letter, he had two hour break, and he had patients. He cringed though at his own words they sounded like one of an angry woman about to send a lover on the couch to sleep.

18. Mike Nemesis

Arks first perception was right. His fellow accomplices in this job, one of which he now knew as Blake, were no soldiers. Not that there was anything wrong with not holding such a mentality of course. After all some of the best soldiers tended to be damaged either by events or just genetics, the aggressive attidude and disregard for self well being was what shaped a killing machine. But Ark accepted that you needed other people in the forces to. Team players for example, strategicians and in this case a field medic.

He tried to anticipate the answer. It didn't take an expert to know the true situation their numbers were thinning odds were only elite teams previously in place were either deceased or recovering from injuries. That was the way of life on the battlefield. Ark had accepted the fact that when he took the job he would likely die, but that was where he had formed his damaged hypothesis he wasn't phased by this fact he'd had countless doctors that hold told him he was unlikely to live past 40 and that was if he gave up his lifestyle now if he returned to the old days effectively been a useless bed ridden person. That wasn't a life as far as he was concerned so he would continue to pump himself full of his course of steriods and antibiotics to prevent the muscle decay setting in once more, keep up his brutal exercise regime and prove to himself and anyone else that had ever judged him that he was not a victim of the situation. It was his life and he shaped it how he wanted.

Would these people just stop talking so North could explain himself and make their questions redundant.

19. Jade

Jade Active Member

The bullets stopped, leaving the cave in silence as the last few echoes died. Jess sat completely still, gripping her rifle.

Raising a finger to her lips, she signalled for the others to be silent. She pushed herself into a crouch and looked around the row of chairs, trying to decide what to do. Where was Jack? He was supposed to tell her what to do.

The bullets had stopped, but the enemy was outside. Waiting. It looked like they would be hiding in the cave for a while yet. Jess glanced sideways and her eyes settled on the case holding the Magnus Disk, lying unprotected on the cave floor.

That was the important thing in all of this. The enemy probably wanted the Magnus Disk, she thought. Everyone seemed to want it. If they wanted the Disk, then they would have to come into the cave to get it. Unless one of the group took outside to them. Jess frowned. She could not let that happen. Reaching out with one foot, Jess hooked her toe around the strap to the Disk and pulled it closer where she could keep an eye on it.

If they came into the cave to get the disk, she could see them and shoot them.

Jess stayed quiet, her back pressed against the seats as she listened.

20. Foxee

V had crawled to the back of the cave in relative safety, still panicking about Jack's whereabouts. Then she saw him. Partway along the inside of the cave wall from the door, pressed as small as possible into the corner made by the adjoining floor and wall. It was narrower there, the 'roof' not much more than a low overhang of rock inches from his head, and he was watching Jess as she hooked the Magnus Disk case with her foot.

He nodded at her slightly, it had been something he didn't want to take on watch duty. Jess would keep it safe.

V listened to the sudden deafening hush, curled into a corner of the cave. It was unnerving, almost inviting someone to speak. She clamped her lips shut and waited.

21. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

They had all crawled to the back to the cave, and Joshua still found it hard to believe he hadn’t been hit by a stray bullet. The again, all it meant was that whoever had been shooting at them hadn’t been able to get a clear shot. No doubt that if he would stick his head out, he would end up with a hole in it, and he doubted even Vishka could repair that type of damage.

Jess motioned them all to be quiet, and V had moved even further back. For a second, he looked around, glancing hopefully at the others. But no one seemed to be undertaking any action, and so Josh broke the silence. “Now what?” he whispered.

22. Jade

Jade Active Member

Jess pulled the Magnus Disk case closer and wrapped the strap around her wrist, keeping her MN-800 in the other hand. The others had moved to the back of the cave. She stayed hidden behind the chairs, not wanting to move and make the bullets start again.

Jack and V were crouched at the back of the cave. She looked at Jack and wondered if he wanted the Disk. It seemed important, so he would probably want it back as soon as possible.

As the seconds crawled past, still nothing happened. The wind whistled outside. Somewhere near the back of the cave, water was dripping. She listened to the steady sound as it marked the time passing. Nothing else moved.

“Now what?” Josh whispered.

Jess frowned, pondering the question. Would They come to take the Magnus Disk? She pulled the case closer and shifted her weight onto the other foot as her left leg began to cramp. Even that small movement caused the rock to crunch under her boot. She froze, holding herself as still as possible. Goosebumps rose on her arm and Jess began to shiver, biting the piercing in her lip. She eased her finger off the trigger, not wanting to shoot by mistake. Whatever happened, she thought that it had better happen soon.

23. Darkthought

Lord North took all the questions in stride, he had expected as much from the two non-soldiers of the group. As soon as the barrage ended he cleared his throat. "I understand your concerns, but the knights and crusaders are already spread thin defending the city. I'm sorry but you are all we have. Landa, your medical knowledge will be invaluable. Ark, your combat experience makes you one of the most qualified soldiers in the entire city. Sarafena, your skill with machinery is going make you a great asset."

North sighed heavily and scratched had his beard. "I'm sorry but this is how it has to be. I wish I could give you a choice in the matter but you really don't have one. Now, the situation. About a week ago we received a broken communication from the Sanctuary City-Bunker in America. It has been destroyed. Shortly thereafter we picked up coms from a couple of TalonV craft that had managed to escape the destruction. They have an item that is of great value to us. It is called the Magnus Disc. The blueprints on these discs are the key to a weapon that can end this war and take our world back." North slammed a fist onto his desk. "The survivors must be found and the Magnus Disc located. I fear that if we do not act soon, then it may fall into the wrong hands and we may be doomed."

24. Darkthought

Captain Warren signaled his men to begin moving towards the entrance of the cave. All had their weapons ready to fire at the slightest hint of movement or return fire. He knew that they would be panicked, they were prime targets now.

Warren move up to the opening and turned on his weapon's flashlight. "Attention all you little bastards. We know you have the disc and its going to be ours. Now, unless all of you want to die, I suggest you just go ahead and hand it over."

25. Mike Nemesis

Now that was interesting. He hadn't expected to hear that. They didn't have a choice maybe you'd expect to here that in his field but not said to a medic. How would they ensure they helped. Blackmail perhaps? Or was North just hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. Instead he choose to focus on the compliment. One of the most qualified soldiers in the entire city? Well that was very flattering he tended to think of his group as a whole opposed to an individual he knew they had a reputation but he didn't think he had such a high status perhaps more were dead than he had realised.

"How much time do we have to prepare?" he would have to fetch his rail gun if they were off on a mission. He got the feeling they would be acting fast. It certainly sounded like they needed to. He ran his hand over his head and moved it onto his neck as he closed his eyes and clicked it. Back to the battlefield it seemed. Perhaps he would ask Ric to borrow one of their cameras to add to their collection of exploits but then again perhaps this would be more confidential? Then again the majority of their missions were sensitive and that hadn't changed anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.