1. advensve

advensve New Member

New girl in town

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by advensve, Dec 7, 2017.

Hi!

My name is Amelia.

I have been writing for several years. My leading genre is fantasy. I write in a foreign language, but I want to translate my works into English for a bigger audience. When I was looking for a translator, a friend told me that is best to translate the book myself. So I apologize in advance for my bad English. I hope to find here understanding and support.

Thank you for your attention

MilatheRose and crappycabbage like this.
  2. crappycabbage

crappycabbage Member

Hi! I'm also a new member, and just like you I write in my native language, which is spoken/read by about 9 million people; a tiny amount compared to english. It certainly makes it harder to get published, so I definitely understand why you want to translate your book. I wish you the best with the translation and hope you'll find a lot of inspiration and help here. Welcome!

advensve likes this.
  3. MilatheRose

MilatheRose New Member

Hello fellow newby. You know, I would not have noticed you where new to English if you had not mentioned it. Your diction and your grammar seem totally acceptable. Whats more, you don't meander around when you talk like I do.

advensve likes this.
  4. advensve

advensve New Member

I am afraid there are things that are spoken in one language with certain words, and on another - with others, and I don't want an editor or a reader who knows the basics of English to laugh at me. I realize how difficult it is to enter the world of writers, readers, and those among them, especially since there are so many others with more experience who also read and write in English.

Thank you both for the warm reception :)

crappycabbage likes this.