1. alyssah

alyssah New Member

New Girl

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by alyssah, Jan 14, 2016.

So I'm new here and I'm just sort of finding my way around. I was wondering if anyone was willing to give advice on education and what I should take in high school to pursue my dream career. I'm going to be a writer/director and any guidance would be much appreciated.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Alyssah, and welcome to the forum. :)

Unfortunately I don't have any useful advice regarding which study path to take, but at least when it comes to this forum, I can say we're happy to have you here and hope you'll like our little corner on the internet. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Have fun!

-Kat

3. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Hi, Alyssash.

That's an ambitious career choice, but you should always pursue what makes you happy.

I'd recommend applying for some kind of drama school, like RADA.

Good luck!

4. Masterspeler

Masterspeler Active Member

Hey Alyssah,

Honestly, you have to be really talented and have an in. Probably the best thing to do is take langauges and lots of history. You'd be surprised how looking at a different culture can give you a perspective on your own culture's idioms, behavior and customs. That's where good acting comes from, an understanding, either learned or innate.

Im not an actor but I have many friends that are actors and directors. One of my close friends was a BIG actor but he was also very old guard, but still, personal culture and refining your education will help for any and all roles.

Good Luck,
    AB