1. Draconzis

Draconzis New Member

New here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Draconzis, Jul 26, 2015.

I like creating stories, making great characters, events, settings, etc. But, I am terrible at writing. I have plans on what to do with my stories in the future, but I can use a lot of help improving and finishing my stories. So, that is why I decided to come here and get a bit active in the writing community.

I enjoy talking about my stories, but I am both shy when it comes to sharing my stories as well as having an irrational and unjustified paranoia of someone stealing my work. One thing about my stories I will say, however, is that most of them are connected, or at least takes place in a common universe, as well as having some magic in them. So... ya. Hello.

2. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

If you are worried about people stealing your work but want some help, you can do what I am going to do which is write stuff for the forum. That way your precious novel and characters are protected and you can get help. Don't worry about being shy, it's the internet you are still safely curled up in front of your monitor/tablet. :cheerleader:

Wreybies likes this.
  3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I wish more people would actually embrace this idea. It's a Workshop forum. Workshopping is the venue. I find so often that there seems to be an unspoken feeling that writing practice pieces for the sake of practicing, for the sake of improving, is somehow not the way. When you train for a marathon, you take many smaller runs, across time, getting better and better each time. You don't learn how to run the marathon within the marathon itself. ;)

Song likes this.
  4. Draconzis

Draconzis New Member

I think I would rather share my stories privately with a few individuals instead of out there with everyone. The stories are rather important to me, and my dream is to direct the making of them into animated films or series. Though, the odds of that happening are pretty slim, I still feel paranoid about people stealing my work.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

What Song and I are saying is to keep those stories that are important to you close to you. Write other stories to workshop and practice. ;)

6. Draconzis

Draconzis New Member

I understand, but the only problem is that most of the stories that I do create is important me. Maybe it is because that I am sharing universes so much that stories seem like additions to other stories. I don't know, I will consider posting outlines of my lesser stories on here.