1. Rsir

Rsir New Member

New here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rsir, Feb 6, 2017.

Before I introduce myself, I must start with the facts that:
    1) I'm terrible at... well socializing. I took like... 1-3 days to talk to my roommates. So if you text me and I don't reply immediately or whatever that is, it's not cause I'm arrogant. I'm just shyoverwhelminglackofconfidentnervousintrovertetc. That's it.
    2) But if I become close to you, I can talk nonstop for 4 hours or more.
    3) There's nothing in between 1 and 2, and that is weird lol 'cause I'm not exaggerating. And when I talk... I don't eat, I don't drink, I don't do other shits and that is why NEVER EVER make me talk while I'm enjoying my meals. I just can't stfu and almost everyone finds it annoying.

So hi, I'm not gonna tell my name or my gender. Not important anyway. You can call me anything.

Normally, I write fantasy, or romantic... or tragedies (I stopped sad stories anyways cause recently I have been "IN LOVE"... yea cheesy reason, isn't it?). I joined this community cause it seems fun tho and I'd like to learn some more things about writing.

Another main reason is that I don't always find people who I can discuss about books or movies. I mean, I don't watch or read much but I like to analyse those things (no idea why). When I read, I always try to figure out the main purpose of the writer, like what she/he tries to tell, the targeted groups of audience, techniques, how deep can they connect with the characters etc. It just seems interesting 'cause the writers always share parts of them in their books, songs or poems.

I just recently noticed that three of my characters like to draw or paint. Of course their stories are... entirely different from each other (one psycho, one fantasy, one dramatic) but all characters have something in common which is from me. Sometimes I don't like it 'cause they are too alike.

To me, they will always be like siblings to each other. That's also why I'm here cause I need to know from your view if they are too alike (I use this word a lot. Sorry, My English sucks). Anyways, I hope things will be good. Looking forward to know you all. I really do hope I can learn new more things from here. Nice to meet ya. :D

-Rsir

2. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Welcome!

3. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Contributor

Hello! It sounds like you'll be right at home here. One of the things I like about forums is we can post whenever we like (although if you asked a question it's best to answer any follow-up questions from fellow forumers quickly, so you can get better answers).

If you want to know peoples' thoughts on your characters being too alike, go ahead and post a question in the "Character Development" forum. I'm sure you'll get plenty of great answers! For me, if those characters were all in different books, I likely wouldn't be bothered by it (especially if they're also in different genres). If they're all in the same book, they don't know each other, and their painting has nothing to do with the plot? I'd find that awfully coincidental, but not something I'd put the book down for.

Having a character that draws or paints in every book could be like your signature.